By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

curl-6 said:

Is it me or have things really slowed down again? I think this is almost as quiet as I can ever remember the forums being, or close to it.

No, you're not the only one. Recent Sundays have been incredibly barren, especially, and while numbers could say otherwise, it does feel silent. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
curl-6 said:

Is it me or have things really slowed down again? I think this is almost as quiet as I can ever remember the forums being, or close to it.

No, you're not the only one. Recent Sundays have been incredibly barren, especially, and while numbers could say otherwise, it does feel silent. 

I feel there is a general gaming lull and were seeing the reaction to it, in that less interesting news or new games equals less topics for threads leads to less discussion and that affects participation. usually around this time march-may we would start to see a few big games arrive and then slow down through the northern summer or southern winter where I live, and pick up around September but with covid adding to the natural slowing of output that happens with new consoles, plus the stock shortage means those delayed games should benefit from a hopefully stronger future supply giving them a much larger audience so there is no incentive to hasten production, so we should have little in the way of excitement until we get a brief sugar hit come E3 time.

Having said all this I will now start the BLAME GAME number one Spurg it his fault slackening off over covid has cost us 50k in his posts alone, then you have Rol turning into a pussy since he became Mister Pollster and finally Curl's inspiration has died and left him regurgitating question threads that have all been answered ever since Adam and Eve first set up EdenChartz.God using the tree of knowledge.

PS . Don't forget to thank me when you see the influx of lurkers creating accounts just to say I'm an idiot, my work here is now complete.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 April 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

curl-6 said:

Considering I bumped this thread and nothing happened I'd say things have slowed down yeah lol. It'll probably pick up a bit in June since E3 is happening again.

And then you look at now and it's like the lights might as well already be out

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

And then you look at now and it's like the lights might as well already be out

It's fine I don't like to share anway plus I have already laid the blame 3 posts up in this thread.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Well that was fun catching up ...

Meh. These things happen. The internet changed and there are so many places to talk about video games these days. That combined with the fact that numbers aren't really that useful anymore and perhaps can never be due to the prominence of digital gaming and other factors... Well, maybe there just isn't really a need for this site anymore.

For me, it's because of all the strict rules. Alot of the time from my experience if people having a discussions with different views, it can be interpreted as trolling and people get banned or muted. For alot of people I imagine those strict rules can be a deterrent for alot of people. That's not much freedom to express opinion.  

Things are certainly slow now but as long as it doesn't get to the point where an entire week can go by with barely any new threads and posts it's not outright dire. It will reach that stage eventually but for now I actually kinda like how things are since it helps make things feel more tight knit with it being possible to keep up with all new threads and recognize all the most active posters. Though I do at times miss when there were a lot more active posters.

Does anyone else delete most of their comments before they hit send? Some arguments just aren’t worth getting into. There was a time I sat in front of my computer for hours at a time with this site. Those days, especially because of smart phones, are long gone. If I’m at a computer for that long, it’s because I’m working.