By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

trunkswd said:
mZuzek said:

Truly a life changing moment.

...man, this thread just keeps on going, huh. Always someone to bump it every now and then. Gotta say, I didn't do exactly much about it, I've been less and less active since then

Funny thing is since this thread was made the number of people posting and the overall number of posts on the forums have been steadily increasing. 

I was a so-called "lurker" for years, finally making an account in 2018. However, I'm truthfully pretty terrible at maintaining any sort of regular posting habits, correspondence, etc. outside of work stuff, so, even then, I didn't post much.

In all honesty, this thread is one of the primary reasons I've been making a concerted effort to post more frequently. :D

Last edited by GrahfsLament - on 26 July 2020

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
Around the Network
trunkswd said:
mZuzek said:

All according to plan

Imagine the numbers when the website overhaul goes live (yes an overhaul ) and we get closer to the PS5 and Xbox Series X launches. 

Oh love that, and nice to see the site getting better this year with posts. It has been pretty slow in news this whole year as well with Covid-19 and the fact it is up YoY in June when there was no E3 this year is great.

PS5/XSX release will bring a lot of people. Also if Nintendo finally decides to announce their lineup.

xMetroid said:
trunkswd said:

Imagine the numbers when the website overhaul goes live (yes an overhaul ) and we get closer to the PS5 and Xbox Series X launches. 

Oh love that, and nice to see the site getting better this year with posts. It has been pretty slow in news this whole year as well with Covid-19 and the fact it is up YoY in June when there was no E3 this year is great.

PS5/XSX release will bring a lot of people. Also if Nintendo finally decides to announce their lineup.

Yeah, but the Covid-19 thread is fire. @barneystinson69 struck gold. He might as well have invented a machine that converts human misery into VGC points.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 26 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

You guys should engineer some sort of scandal. They're always good for clickbait.

Sex and money sell so have a mod sexually harass someone (I'm game) or have a reviewer admit they bump the score for free amiibos or something.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I like this place. It has nice people than before. So it’s cozy. :)

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

I was a lurker for about a year before I finally joined as a member in 2010.
What made me take the plunge was that there were so many discussions I wanted to take part in instead of just watching from the sidelines.
As such, I try to create as many different discussions on here as I can in the hopes that some will draw lurkers to sign up.

My morning ritual is a coffee and checking out VGChartz and because of the different time zones people live in I like to check back at different intervals during the day/ night to see whats happening.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

trunkswd said:
GrahfsLament said:

I was a so-called "lurker" for years, finally making an account in 2018. However, I'm truthfully pretty terrible at maintaining any sort of regular posting habits, correspondence, etc. outside of work stuff, so, even then, I didn't post much.

In all honesty, this thread is one of the primary reasons I've been making a concerted effort to post more frequently. :D

As someone who also streams on Twitch (for the fun of it) I appreciate lurkers. I understand not everyone wants to chat, but also wants to keep up to date with what people are talking about on the forums. There are way more people who haven't even created an account that visit the site each month than there are people posting on it.

Either way, welcome to posting on the forums, even of it is only once in a while.  

Thanks!

Also, at the bolded, I know that there has been a ton of rancor/debate about them, but this is definitely my policy vis-a-vis VGC's political threads. I won't ever post in one of these threads, nor will I ever indicate my political views in my other posts (because my outlet for politics in my day-to-day life is more than sufficient while my gaming discussion outlet is decidedly less so). Regardless, I still find a lot of these threads on VGC fascinating. The depth and breadth of views present can be quite interesting, even held against much wider arrays of people and politically focused venues. So, as a lurker, please let me say that I like VGC's compromise of keeping the threads but making them filterable. I don't have access to the numbers, but I cannot imagine I'm the only traffic of this nature for these threads.

mjk45 said:
My morning ritual is a coffee and checking out VGChartz and because of the different time zones people live in I like to check back at different intervals during the day/ night to see whats happening.

Ha! Same. It is also a periodic stop throughout my day if I need a panacea for the grating throb that inevitably storms in my brain if I'm compelled to numerous, tedious, mind-numbing tasks all day.

Also, apropos of no particular post (but I think relevant to the thread), I'm sure the website improvements have helped attract users. It most certainly runs better (for me) than it has in the past, and getting it a digital certificate undoubtedly helps with both peace of mind and Google's SEO. Moreover, and I know that others may cringe at this, but I actually really like the overall look of the website. I'm likely in the minority, but I heartily dislike Flat UI design, especially flat white (which is both blinding and migraine inducing for a lot of people). So, the addition of a proper dark mode here made it easier for me to participate, and the fact that the site has color and "feels" like its banners and buttons have a little depth is pleasant to me as well. Additionally, I personally just like the aesthetic of dark mode's contrast with the orange and green 3D buttons: they really "pop" as a result.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
mjk45 said:

Mine too, in fact it's what I'm doing right now.

Annoyingly VGChartz seems most active during the hours I am asleep, so I wake up to a host of new posts in the threads I'm following, which then stay quiet most of the day haha

curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

Mine too, in fact it's what I'm doing right now.

Annoyingly VGChartz seems most active during the hours I am asleep, so I wake up to a host of new posts in the threads I'm following, which then stay quiet most of the day haha

The worst thing I find about that is when you see a post or thread that interests you , only to see it's almost a day later and you don't know whether or not it's worth replying since it's past its  peak and people have moved on.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot