By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

Xxain said:
At the time of this post -19 hours since any new post was made in PS forums.

Understandable though. Tonnes of xbox rumours, game pass talk, switch sales surpassing xbox and other announcements... Not to mention switch just generally being in beast mode this holiday season... Well, most of the year really... 

There's not a lot to talk about for a ps fan. I'm sure game of the year and more rumours on PS5 will start coming around.

Site does seem busier of late in general though. 

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Xxain said:
At the time of this post -19 hours since any new post was made in PS forums.

Understandable though. Tonnes of xbox rumours, game pass talk, switch sales surpassing xbox and other announcements... Not to mention switch just generally being in beast mode this holiday season... Well, most of the year really... 

There's not a lot to talk about for a ps fan. I'm sure game of the year and more rumours on PS5 will start coming around.

Under no circumstance (except the obvious one) is 19 hours with no activity understandable. Site should not just operate on a rumor mill. It may be busier, but any new members?

Xxain said:
ironmanDX said:

Under no circumstance (except the obvious one) is 19 hours with no activity understandable. Site should not just operate on a rumor mill. It may be busier, but any new members?

Yes actually, I just welcomed a new member to the site after completing ignoring his question. Doing vgc proud.

Last edited by ironmanDX - on 12 December 2019

It's become a video game charts site without the charts. So seriously, why would anyone go here instead of other gaming sites?

Said it before, but I think that politics is the problem. Couldn't count the amount of times I've come on this site only to instantly hop onto another as soon as I see Trump/Democrat threads. Shit's exhausting and divides everyone, and when one side dominates discussions, anyone with opposing views is going to go elsewhere.

Around the Network
RJTM1991 said:
Said it before, but I think that politics is the problem. Couldn't count the amount of times I've come on this site only to instantly hop onto another as soon as I see Trump/Democrat threads. Shit's exhausting and divides everyone, and when one side dominates discussions, anyone with opposing views is going to go elsewhere.

You can hide those from the Hot Topics using the filters.  I have.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

That's a wrap for the year!

We're down slightly to 10732. January is going to be a difficult month, so we need to keep the threads flowing. Since it is a new decade, some "Looking back / best of" can potential keep activity interesting, as well as December sales analysis.

New consoles will bring more traffic. Specs, contents , and most importantly sales.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
New consoles will bring more traffic. Specs, contents , and most importantly sales.

Agreed. It's more about sustaining the influx of new kids on the block and returning users. 

I think this year may actually be good for vgc. 

Wish we had some data for the last time a new gen started. I'm sure it was much, much higher than now, but it might give us an idea of what kind of percentage jump we should be aiming for.