By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

My decreased activity was based on: not being able to add games to my collection for awhile + sales numbers becoming irrelevant + the PS Trophy League no longer being run. I've started to come back more frequently, but after a quick scan of the forum topics, I'm not sure what to do/look at. I miss the trophy league greatly

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

Because this is a data-driven website, we might as well track our progress:

We had a small bump in posts this month. From ~9480 to ~9565. That represents a 0.88% month-to-month increase.

However, October 2018 was at ~16000 posts, representing a 40.2% year-to-year drop.

This month, however, should be pretty good given we have a vigorous Death Stranding discussion ( ), there's Pokemon in the horizon, and Black Friday.

Last edited by Moren - on 01 November 2019

mZuzek said:
morenoingrato said:

This month, however, should be pretty good given we have a vigorous Death Stranding discussion, there's Pokemon in the horizon and Black Friday.

Is that all we have this month?

If somehow VGC manages to be interested in discussing games again, there's also Jedi: Fallen Order and Shenmue 3 for major releases.

Saleswise / Misc Tech, Stadia is poised to release their first batch of games. If anything, at least hate-based discussion should come from that. 

Once again, the generic posts of Sony being the target of conspiracy theories save the day.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Terry?

Around the Network

Heh. My bad. So much for trying to encourage videogame discussion. Still a lot of room for improvement.

abronn627 said:
Nogamez said:
The reason its declining is because it absolutely shockingly badly optimized for mobile use. Which 99% of users visit the site with. Apple or Samsung phone. It should be an App you download from the store. As it is its riddled with adds so you cant even post.

This is basically the reason why I’m not posting much...

the mobile text entry is literally a joke, it is completely counter intuitive the way it's designed, when a forum doesn't have a user friendly text entry method you can't be shocked that people don't bother to post on it, top that off with the screen covering adverts and you completely have 2 barriers which someone has before they can post on here, and honestly this place isn't good enough to force people to fight to post here it just isn't. I have a second browser on my phone just for adblock so I can even view this site on here, but I've said it once and I'll say it again, a new user isn't going to stay here if they need to install software just to come to this site, it isn't good enough to expect someone to do that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

trunkswd said:
abronn627 said:

Better than that, every article should have a thread alongside it in the forums. It seems a lot of users are willing to discuss the news, but the forums is more active than the news section.

I could manually create threads on the bigger news and / or create a monthly thread on the monthly sales articles. 

You know what has died off as a result of the weekly software too, before it was possible to check on the software on a weekly basis and go back week by week and check the hardware and software per week, but now the final week of software updates is the last week where you can see the hardware update as well, you can't click forward to the next week of hardware as there is no coinciding software data.

I mean if you navigate using the top menu, and go Charts>weekly>global to arrive here http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/43464/Global/ you can't navigate forwards from that, only backwards, as such you can't see previous weekly figures in hardware after this date linked here, unless there's something I'm missing but then again if that is the case it comes down to the site having a top menu navigation item which links to Dec 2018 and no date beyond that.... I mean, if you are a new user checking this place out that Global weekly chart is the first clickable item under Chartz.... on vgCHARTZ and the link is to Dec 2018 with nothing beyond that date, again for new users... this place appears to have died a year ago, based on the first chartz link.

Should either be fixed to just show hardware weekly data from that link or else the link shouldn't be there, because it reads to me like a shop storefront which has the opening hours listed on the door for december 2018 which no one has taken down.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
trunkswd said:

I could manually create threads on the bigger news and / or create a monthly thread on the monthly sales articles. 

You know what has died off as a result of the weekly software too, before it was possible to check on the software on a weekly basis and go back week by week and check the hardware and software per week, but now the final week of software updates is the last week where you can see the hardware update as well, you can't click forward to the next week of hardware as there is no coinciding software data.

I mean if you navigate using the top menu, and go Charts>weekly>global to arrive here http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/43464/Global/ you can't navigate forwards from that, only backwards, as such you can't see previous weekly figures in hardware after this date linked here, unless there's something I'm missing but then again if that is the case it comes down to the site having a top menu navigation item which links to Dec 2018 and no date beyond that.... I mean, if you are a new user checking this place out that Global weekly chart is the first clickable item under Chartz.... on vgCHARTZ and the link is to Dec 2018 with nothing beyond that date, again for new users... this place appears to have died a year ago, based on the first chartz link.

Should either be fixed to just show hardware weekly data from that link or else the link shouldn't be there, because it reads to me like a shop storefront which has the opening hours listed on the door for december 2018 which no one has taken down.

I made a thread about this recently and got no replies.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

BraLoD said:
I'm saving this site, don't worry, everything is fine now.

You cant even save LoD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.