By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

I'm just going to say that personally I kinda lost interest when they got rid of the software chart. This is a place we come to talk mainly about numbers and the hardware chart is literally always the same at this time of year so I'm assuming no one is interested in checking and by that response keep some other discussions while being there.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Baddman said:

banning people for calling an obvious troll a troll has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever come across on any forum

Well, why complain about a forum that you say you're mostly staying away from? That's with all due respect and a genuine question. This is on top of the fact that plenty of other forums moderate users for calling people trolls.

For perspective, threads like these were shut down by previous mod teams because it would turn into this and we already have The Moderator Thread. So, if it continues to head in this direction, I probably won't leave it open. That is not to say that I oppose a lot of the reasonable issues brought up in here. It is mostly agreed upon unanimously that the site could use some major revisions, but we aren't going to use this thread to complain about moderations. 

I complain because it's a legitimate criticism. Sounds like your implying because i dont spend most of my time here I should just shut up and never say anything..quite funny for a mod to say that but I digress I won't belabor this issue any more

COKTOE said:
Reeeelaaax. I know it can be frustrating to be modded. Most times it's happened to me, I've been fine with it. The one time I wasn't, I explained my post to CGI, and he and the team overturned it. I DO get why I was modded, and how the mod missed my sarcasm and satire in a sea of vulgarity. I was probably lucky to have it overturned. :) If you feel like your last one was undeserved, send a PM to a mod. Just be a good boy, build up your credibility, and eventually you'll be close to bulletproof. Like me!

Ok I must reveal something to you all. I am a psychopath or a sociopath, I'm not sure about the difference. Anyway I'm a crazed deranged maniac. You are all in danger with me around. I lust for blood.

And I am hereby threatening COKTOE with death. Yes ladies and gents, you heard me well. COKTOE you will give me your name and address and I am going to come over and murder you! You will also wait for me and be alone (no ganging up on me with friends or whatever) and you will let me choke you to death without resisting or trying to defend yourself. Also depending on where you live, you will send me a plane ticket to get to you cause I may be a bloodthirsty killer, it does not mean I am willing to spend money in traveling. Also it's not like you'll need the money anymore if I kill you, right?

Then to add more injury to an already lethal dose of injury, I am also going to murder COKTOE's neighbors, assuming he has neighbors cause some people live in isolated farms and the closest neighbors are miles away and I'm way too lazy to walk miles to satisfy my lust for blood. The point is I'm clearly threatening COKTOE's neighbors too.

My murderous intent towards COKTOE is all the more egregious considering COKTOE has only been nice to me in his message and I'm sure you are all in shock as you read these lines.

Now what can we do to save COKTOE as well as anyone else on this forum. I'm thinking... Hmm... Oh oh oh, I have an idea. How about you mods PERMA-BAN me. If I am perma-banned, I cannot demand that COKTOE give me his info which means I cannot know where he lives which means I cannot kill him. So COKTOE will live and be able to thrive in a safe world and most importantly he will not lose his faith in mankind.

So if you mods perma-ban me, not only you save COKTOE but you make this forum a safer place by keeping demented murderous maniacs like me off the forum and as a bonus you become heroes which everyone will glorify, minstrels will sing songs bearing your names and everybody will love you.

And if all those reasons are not good enough for you well I'm pretty sure that threatening a member of the forum automatically entails a perma-ban. So you have no choice but to perma-ban me. End of story.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
COKTOE said:
Reeeelaaax. I know it can be frustrating to be modded. Most times it's happened to me, I've been fine with it. The one time I wasn't, I explained my post to CGI, and he and the team overturned it. I DO get why I was modded, and how the mod missed my sarcasm and satire in a sea of vulgarity. I was probably lucky to have it overturned. :) If you feel like your last one was undeserved, send a PM to a mod. Just be a good boy, build up your credibility, and eventually you'll be close to bulletproof. Like me!

Ok I must reveal something to you all. I am a psychopath or a sociopath, I'm not sure about the difference. Anyway I'm a crazed deranged maniac. You are all in danger with me around. I lust for blood.

And I am hereby threatening COKTOE with death. Yes ladies and gents, you heard me well. COKTOE you will give me your name and address and I am going to come over and murder you! You will also wait for me and be alone (no ganging up on me with friends or whatever) and you will let me choke you to death without resisting or trying to defend yourself. Also depending on where you live, you will send me a plane ticket to get to you cause I may be a bloodthirsty killer, it does not mean I am willing to spend money in traveling. Also it's not like you'll need the money anymore if I kill you, right?

Then to add more injury to an already lethal dose of injury, I am also going to murder COKTOE's neighbors, assuming he has neighbors cause some people live in isolated farms and the closest neighbors are miles away and I'm way too lazy to walk miles to satisfy my lust for blood. The point is I'm clearly threatening COKTOE's neighbors too.

My murderous intent towards COKTOE is all the more egregious considering COKTOE has only been nice to me in his message and I'm sure you are all in shock as you read these lines.

Now what can we do to save COKTOE as well as anyone else on this forum. I'm thinking... Hmm... Oh oh oh, I have an idea. How about you mods PERMA-BAN me. If I am perma-banned, I cannot demand that COKTOE give me his info which means I cannot know where he lives which means I cannot kill him. So COKTOE will live and be able to thrive in a safe world and most importantly he will not lose his faith in mankind.

So if you mods perma-ban me, not only you save COKTOE but you make this forum a safer place by keeping demented murderous maniacs like me off the forum and as a bonus you become heroes which everyone will glorify, minstrels will sing songs bearing your names and everybody will love you.

And if all those reasons are not good enough for you well I'm pretty sure that threatening a member of the forum automatically entails a perma-ban. So you have no choice but to perma-ban me. End of story.

I know you're only joking. I can appreciate you want a perma. You're not the first one to ask for it. Sometimes people want that closure. I wish you'd take my advice and just relax, and stick around. It's a good site. And like I said, calm discourse with the mods can lead to good things.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

trunkswd said:
xMetroid said:
I'm just going to say that personally I kinda lost interest when they got rid of the software chart. This is a place we come to talk mainly about numbers and the hardware chart is literally always the same at this time of year so I'm assuming no one is interested in checking and by that response keep some other discussions while being there.

Hardware is about to get a LOT more interesting. At least on the Switch side with the revision boosting sales and the Switch Lite right around the corner. Even from what I am seeing Gears 5 is going to help Xbox One sales a decent amount during its launch week. 

Yea obviously, i was just pointing out why it's more empty than usual during the summer since there is like really dry new info on games and the actual games coming out during that period of time aren't the most exciting usually. And with the hardware being boring during that same period the only thing i personally was interested in was the software sales. But yes, it is about to get better.

Around the Network

COKTOE said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

I know you're only joking. I can appreciate you want a perma. You're not the first one to ask for it. Sometimes people want that closure. I wish you'd take my advice and just relax, and stick around. It's a good site. And like I said, calm discourse with the mods can lead to good things.

I don't really get his mindset. If he wants to be done, he should just go away. Do people really lack that kind of self control?

@TalonMan

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I really wish we had the capital to just make another site. Perhaps something like is discussed here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=240731
Mobile (for most) is the way of the future and Mobile is crippled by ads that no one that matters can do anything about. It's too bad Brett doesn't seem to care about this site. If Talon had free reign to do with the ads as he will ... I'd bet this site would be so much better. Maybe the answer is to let it decline to the point iOi is ready to shut it down and then buy the server(s) and site from him. I guess I just feel like for the site itself Talon is in a heavyweight match with one arm tied behind his back.

I am one that lurked for years before someone said something so outlandish I just had to respond. If memory partially serves I was unable because at the time something was broken with the process of signing up or perhaps I was just messing up a step, I really don't really remember the specifics.

I know this isn't the place to complain about specific moderations (unless needed as an example) but my 2 cents is if the complaints are general then it is quite on topic to say for instance " I think moderations are too sever and it discourages lurkers from signing up". Heck we had one long time lurker post here his honest thoughts and although not moderated it seems like he was told the equivalent of "we don't want honest feedback because it could cause bickering and therefore cannot be constructive". I can see where it could in fact devolve into a petty argument, but that almost makes it all the sadder that we cannot (at least in a thread of this nature) just be honest without triggering each other. At the end of the day it is all opinion as to: what is causing the decline or what would prevent it. Although you can try to change an opinion there is no proving it right or wrong. Nothing actually constructive here just opinion.

Speaking of making another site; what happened to the site Trucks was designing? Is that still a thing?

CrazyGamer2017 said:
COKTOE said:

Um, should someone call 911 and save poor COKTOE?