By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

Darwinianevolution said:
To be fair, activity here is very dependant on the amount of news the gaming industry offers, and right now, everything is very still waiting for the next generation of consoles.

This. VGC ebbs and flows with console generations. People were saying the same things back in 2012-13. With the next generation of consoles coming, I would wait until those get here to be worried. 

Around the Network
alternine said:
There's a plethora of reasons why the site is getting stale and old but I would probably be banned for telling it like it is. I guess that's part of it though. This site is too heavy on the enforcing. I know if I was new and saw what you can and can't say on VGC I wouldn't wanna sign up either. I'd imagine a lot of current users feel the same way which explains the dip. Just my opinion of course.

Here's at least one user who is very appreciative of the current moderation policy here. The discussions here are generally quite civil, unlike on some other forums where good behaviour is not enforced. That's exactly one of the things I like here compared to other places. I've also used some forums where moderation went way too far, but it doesn't feel like it at all here. To each their own though; for me, this is just fine and great.

I got banned, questioned these idiot mods, and got permabanned....  this will happen again now.  The mods killed the site, and should have stayed in their lane.

Well I joined in 2007 their were barely any forums or other sources and we barely had any sales (except monthly). Youtube wasn't that big yet and if we wanted gametrailers we probably still went to gametrailers.com Now we have stuff like twitter/youtube/discord for the news and discussions.

This site literally throws spam at you and shitty ads. Heck my notifications keep lighting up for stupid reasons which the mods themselfs keep putting up, then defend it. Heck a mod called me a cunt, and another mod saw the post and did nothing in the thread I complained about the prediction league spam. Now it's badges spam. User experience means nothing on this site, the site was notoriously slow and lagy for years, it also kept crashing and basically nothing was done about it.

And the sites main attraction, the numbers, were worthless all gen long. So people left more than they came.

Around the Network

Tag. I want to contribute to this thread, but after last night I'm having trouble with forming thoughts, and also, English

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

dgboweniii said:

I got banned, questioned these idiot mods, and got permabanned....  this will happen again now.  The mods killed the site, and should have stayed in their lane.

If you're so crude and in-your-face about stuff, don't wonder yourself how come if people push back against it some day...

I'd say, it's probably the ads and the numbers. They were quite inconsistent in their updates for too long and it damaged the reputation of the site. It's going to be a long road to get that back, along with the people.

Software sales have changed too. I miss the older format but the change was needed due to the rise and rise of digital.

Ads are intrusive and jarring. I've been using adblock browser for Android for a while because of it.

Never had a problem with the moderation.
I'd say that they let conversion flow more often than not, even if the conversion could be considered offensive by some.

Have to see what the announcements do, as well as the launch of the PS5 and neXtbox.

Yeah, I myself am a lot less active on this site than I was towards the beginning of this generation.

I enjoyed VGC for the public forums, but in the last few months there has been a steep decline in the number of interesting posts. It's really just another news outlet with a comment section at this point, of which I have several outlets for.

The real nail in the coffin for we was when VGC stopped showing weekly game sales, now just showing generic shipment updates, which I am not a fan of.