By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

kirby007 said:

I can agree with obieslut that the former mod team would lock threads because of duplicates/outside nation/official threads but that must have been over 10 years ago

Who is this obieslut you speak off.

Yeah it has been years to be honest. I do post very rarely now but it started mainly due to a few mods. I don't think they are even here any more.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

These are a few of my ideas.

• "Create a Thread" button in the Buddy underneath "My Topics | Hot Topics"
  • Expand the number of threads displayed on front page (from 14 to 16?) - We can discuss this.
  • Add settings to allow users to change the number of threads displayed on front page (I.e. 10/12/14/16/18/20).
  • Page sorting on the front page (I.e. Page 1/2/3) for looking for older threads.
  • Increase the points for Thread Creation (from 10 to 30)
  • Authored a Forum Thread is broken (I.e. doesn't give points).

Both of these were fixed and the fixes were retroactive.

Points being handed out for creating threads was actually broken since 2020, Lol.

All those missing points have been added to accounts and since we also increased the points for creating threads from 10 to 30, it was also retroactive so everyone who ever created a thread should have received a boost.

Thanks to Bandorr.

Placing the "Create a Thread" in Buddy is in progress and we'll also see about getting it in the front page too since mobile is fucked but we've no coders with real mobile experience.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 May 2022

is that the reason i gained a level?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I have the same amounts of points or less now, sorry, can't see what I. Posting because a giant ad is in front of my screen . Should ha e pushed me close to 800,000 Threads, posts, plus game work over years.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I will say without a dedicated, paid tech wizard, it will be hard to keep up with how complicated the site has become ever since they shut down gamewise and went full on vgchartz again.

Too many variables, and things going on. Maybe work to simplify the site for now, hide the bulk and extra stuff like they used to back when we could still get into gamrtv and having zero threads or whatever those hidden communities used to be until talon removed them and fixed the glitches. Just hide the bulk for now and work on making it easier and simple for now. Once a dedicated guy or gal comes along push for all the extra again.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I have the same amounts of points or less now, sorry, can't see what I. Posting because a giant ad is in front of my screen . Should ha e pushed me close to 800,000 Threads, posts, plus game work over years.

Your points are right under your name when you post. Looks like you’re over 822,000. if you spam enough, you’ll hit level 16

Dont even think about it, the PL stays

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

spurgeonryan said:

It's updating slowly, Idk why but some haven't updated yet, some have, yours is now accurate, maybe posting a few comments triggers the update?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 May 2022

Seems I just had to click my profile and it updated. Maybe I will pull my old laptop out someday and try to help with database again to eventually get to million. But too busy with work for at least another month.

Good job y'all.

Yes, maybe some spam, but I certainly brought on plenty of conversation as well and traffic. Dont think i could do again, that's a job for the youngins now.