Only to discover that... 0 0%

the real enemy all along... 0 0%

wasn't who they thought... 0 0%

it was Quina, destroyer of worlds! 6 6.25%

Total:96
Dulfite said:
Immersiveunreality said:

And it has this little fella.

I really wish they would make a FFI9 - 2. I'd love to see that story with those characters continue in updated visuals!

I'm surprised you said that based on your rating for FF9.  It seems like you prefer Zelda games a whole lot more.

Not that I disagree...I would love another game based on FF9.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Dulfite said:

I really wish they would make a FFI9 - 2. I'd love to see that story with those characters continue in updated visuals!

I'm surprised you said that based on your rating for FF9.  It seems like you prefer Zelda games a whole lot more.

Not that I disagree...I would love another game based on FF9.

I'm not metacritic lol. A 78 is a good game to me, an 80 or higher is a great game, a 90 or higher is flipping fantastic, so to me FF9 was a good, borderline great game, and I would love to have direct sequels to that. Plus, I think the "bones" of that setting/world/story are greater than the meat, so if done right they could easily make a sequel that I would consider great to fantastic. The chemistry of the cast was truly stunning to me for the time that game was made.

As games themselves, Zelda franchise is the best thing to ever happening in gaming History. Almost every Zelda game is a great game, a consistency that other IPs never matched

However Zelda games rely heavily in the same universe, background, story, characters and dynamics

FF having a different story and universe to almost every installment make it unique. Aesthetics and worldbulding is much more challenging and exciting with FF, because you never know what is coming next. FF dares what almost no dev can risky, and for that reason they win for me

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 17 January 2021

IcaroRibeiro said:

As games themselves, Zelda franchise is the best thing to ever happening in gaming History. Almost every Zelda game is a great game, a consistency that other IPs never matched

However Zelda games rely heavily in the same universe, background, story, characters and dynamics

FF having a different story and universe to almost every installment make it unique. Aesthetics and worldbulding is much more challenging and exciting with FF, because you never know what is coming next. FF dares what almost no dev can risky, and for that reason they win for me

Four Swords Anniversary, Triforce Heroes, and some others prove they aren't always great, but yeah they are fantastic most of the time. I'll be curious to see if my opinion of Dragon Quest and FF overall changes as I play more of their games. I'm planning to do DQ 2-3 next, followed by finishing FF7 on Switch. Hopefully by that time Gamepass will finally have more FF games.

Dulfite said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Four Swords Anniversary, Triforce Heroes, and some others prove they aren't always great, but yeah they are fantastic most of the time. I'll be curious to see if my opinion of Dragon Quest and FF overall changes as I play more of their games. I'm planning to do DQ 2-3 next, followed by finishing FF7 on Switch. Hopefully by that time Gamepass will finally have more FF games.

Never played 3 forces, Four Swords is pretty bad indeed, but I said "almost" not "any" 

DQ have many great games, but it falls into the trap of being to much oldschool. Their games really look too closer to each other, if you play many of them in row you will inevitably be fatigated 

For FF, I highly recommend most of them from VI to XII, but XIII was really a step down in quality and opinion about XV is not good either, I've never played myself but the gameplay and story doesn't resemble old FF games, the franchise is seriously suffering from an identity crisis now. If FF XVI doesn't work as expected I'm afraid they will start making cheap remakes to cover their lack of a truly good new mainline game 

Around the Network

Added DQ 2 and FF7 review scores to the total after completing them. Enjoyed both, but wow was FF7 a good game!

Well aside from BOTW and maybe Zelda II. Zelda series are not RPGs. So no use comparing them. May as well compare Star Wars to The Expanse.

Give me Xenoblade and Ys over them all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

For some reason I read this thread title today and thought, "finally we are at a point where all 3 can fight it out Smash Bros and figure out who the winner is once and for all."

Dulfite said:

Added DQ 2 and FF7 review scores to the total after completing them. Enjoyed both, but wow was FF7 a good game!

Yeah it is!

So, I am working on this theory that a person's enjoyment of Final Fantasy 7 is highly dependent on who they took on a date at the Gold Saucer.  So, who did you end up taking?

Leynos said:

Well aside from BOTW and maybe Zelda II. Zelda series are not RPGs. So no use comparing them. May as well compare Star Wars to The Expanse.

Give me Xenoblade and Ys over them all.

Considering I am thinking about playing the Bravely Default series and have played all the Xenoblade games you make a good point. I've been thinking about turning this into a JRPG thread instead. It started off more comparing Nintendo's big exclusive adventure game vs. Sony's big exclusive adventure game but obviously is different now. What's a more generic term for this? JADV for Japanese adventure games?

The_Liquid_Laser said:

For some reason I read this thread title today and thought, "finally we are at a point where all 3 can fight it out Smash Bros and figure out who the winner is once and for all."

Dulfite said:

Yeah it is!

So, I am working on this theory that a person's enjoyment of Final Fantasy 7 is highly dependent on who they took on a date at the Gold Saucer.  So, who did you end up taking?

Tifa! We even kissed doing some silly play (which is what she wanted all along, the thirsty girl).