Yeah, what he said! 0 0%

Zelda captured, Link asleep? 0 0%

Then Cloud has to save Link and wake him? 1 1.04%

Only to discover that... 0 0%

the real enemy all along... 0 0%

wasn't who they thought... 0 0%

it was Quina, destroyer of worlds! 6 6.25%

Total:96

You gave A Link to the Past a 78 but Skyward Sword a 98?

Okayyyyy...

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:

Okayyyyy...

He gave Ocarina 3D 74 I will assume he played these games late.

I love both but Final Fantasy is my favourite of the two, but it's also my favourite gaming franchise too. I hope you enjoy them.

Zelda by a mile

I can tell Dulfite started on the Zelda series during the Gamecube era. That or he started with the Zelda games of the 2000s. Seeing Skyward Sword so far above A Link to The Past is painful but an opinion I guess. Honestly, the two franchises for me are kinda close.

Final Fantasy IV, V and VI are all amazing and should be played.

Final Fantasy VII should be played as well. It is not as good as the SNES trilogy but it is definitely just a bit below it.
The NES Final Fantasy games are all over the place.
I is amazing if you like NES RPGs. II is not worth playing. III is good but nothing special.

Final Fantasy IX is good but nothing special. I haven't played VIII yet since the darn game requires me to buy new hardware and the PC version is broken.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

They're hard to compare but I prefer Zelda as a whole, I just like Zelda's bigger focus on interaction with the environment and puzzle solving using different items + their amazing level designs. Zelda games have simpler stories than FF games but I don't see that as a bad thing, and Zelda games still have lots of memorable moments and characters.

Last edited by Keybladewielder - on 24 April 2019

As an avid fan of both franchises, I am going to have to say Legend of Zelda. There has been a certain tug of war between the two throughout their life, but after X the quality of their single player games started to drop off quite a bit while Zelda kept their quality consistent throughout, and raised the bar way higher with Breath of the Wild.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Zelda has never really produced any outright bad games except for that weird 2nd game. On the other hand to play FF I don't have to buy a plastic box I don't want. So the clear winner is the series that actually lets me play their games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Final Fantasy has some black sheeps like FF II, V, the whole XIII series and XV (and as much as I like it, it could be argued that VIII belongs to this group as well).

Zelda on the other hand has an almost flawless resume. With the only exception of this being Zelda II. Every other game in the series is a masterpiece (unless we count spin offs, but Final Fantasy would have more to lose if we did...).

So... Zelda is the overall better series.

TranceformerFX said:

Okayyyyy...

Like I said in the OP, the story is what matters most to me. Skyward Sword did an amazing job at explaining the entire purpose of the Zelda series. Flying around in that game was amazing, the art style was probably my favorite in the series (impressionist), it used Wii Motion Plus so it wasn't just wagging the controller around like Twilight Princess. Anyway, I loved A Link to the Past as a kid, and it is a very good game.