By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever. D&D can burn in the seven hells.

I'm...

Hyped. 24 55.81%

Mildly interested. 11 25.58%

Not bothered. 5 11.63%

/indifferent/not watched/other in comments. 3 6.98%

Total:43

Jason Momoa livestreamed his reaction to the last episode, and he was pissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU_anKEGOxM

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Right, it's time to find a new fantasy series of books until George gets his ass in gear and the wheel of time aint doing it for me. It's too early to read GoT again, got to a few chapters i to A clash of kings and it 's still making mr angry because half the shit I'm read eventually turns out to mean nothing or go anywhere and all thread that aee badly handled.

Anyone gots a series that has mature themes, doesn't need to be a saga but a trilogy of books would be ideal. Preferably old enough for a conclusion o fthe horizon but if new at least a soft cover release. Audible would do if it has a talented VA or multiple VA.

Malazan Book of the Fallen, from Steven Erikson? It has a sort of "comics" feel to it, but the writer is an anthropologist and his worldbuilding is second only to Tolkien in the genre, I would say. There are ten books, but the first five form an arch of their own.

Or anything from Guy Gavriel Kay, specially the Sarantine Mosaic duology and Tigana.

Also, Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook. All the stories together have been packed into four volumes the size of a standard fantasy book. They're morally gray and very fast paced, perhaps even to the point of reductionism.

John2290 said:
Ethan from H3H3 hit a on a grwat point. All those resurrected Dothraki should follow Jon as leader now through their tradition. Did Greyworm just murder them all or camera to prevent their support for Jon or what..

And Brans actor thought the script was a prank hahahha. Daym.

One of the good moments of season 7, unfortunately, they did nothing with his transformation. He's just a king from the Starks. 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Someone summerize the end with as few words as possible... for people who never watched the show and never will.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Someone summerize the end with as few words as possible... for people who never watched the show and never will.

Daenerys, one of the main characters, goes crazy (something the show has been slowly building toward for seasons) and destroys a whole city, killing hundreds of thousands of people in the process. Her lover, Jon Snow, another main character, betrays her and kills her with a knife because he is the only one that can stop her since she is basically untouchable in battle thanks to flying on a dragon. The remaining main characters, who are mainly lords and ladies, call a meeting of all the nobles to decide on a new king, and it is decided that Bran will be the new King. In order to satisfy the calls for the punishment of Jon Snow by Daenerys' men, Jon Snow is fake punished by being forced to rejoin the Night's Watch, which no longer exists, which is basically a loophole allowing Jon to live in the far north with the free people, where Jon is the happiest. Then the show ends on an epilogue showing what all of the main characters who are still alive did afterwards. 

Zoombael said:

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

Angelus said:
Zoombael said:

Or you either die as a smart man, or live long enough to see yourself become a complete moron.

Or you either die with you character development intact, or live long enough to see your character growth completely destroyed.

chakkra said:
Angelus said:

Or you either die as a smart man, or live long enough to see yourself become a complete moron.

Or you either die with you character development intact, or live long enough to see your character growth completely destroyed.

So you agree with me.

Dany became a villain, as did the writers of the show to a large percentage of their viewing audience.

Last edited by Angelus - on 27 May 2019

Angelus said:
chakkra said:

So you agree with me.

Dany become a villain, as did the writers of the show to a large percentage of their viewing audience.

Oh, I totally agree with you. I was just expanding the list of complaints lol.