By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order — Official Story Reveal Trailer

Maybe:

"I am a Jedi but I can't use my powers or I will reveal who I am"... so I will be most of the game shooting stuff in third person.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Maybe:

"I am a Jedi but I can't use my powers or I will reveal who I am"... so I will be most of the game shooting stuff in third person.

I don't think that is the case. From what I am hearing, the section of the trailer where he saves his co-worker with the force and gets outed as Force Sensitive, occurs very early in the game. Seems like you then go on the run when the Second Sister shows up to capture you, leading to the sections of the trailer with the stormtroopers shooting at you while you wall run. You then hide in the cave and find the Clone Trooper and Jedi that killed each other, and you take the lightsaber from the dead Jedi. So seems like maybe the first hour or two will be very story heavy, with some non-combat running sequences and maybe some unarmed combat sequences (like the part where he is fighting the purge trooper unarmed), then you will get the lightsaber and have it the rest of the game. I don't see a blaster on his person anywhere in the trailer. 

You make a compelling argument and thus hammer my "maybe".

Looks interesting at least, though it showed no gameplay, but i'm excited to see more.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 13 April 2019

Metallox said:
Main character is handsome af.

Its the Joker from the tv show Gotham.

I feel that the setting they chose for this game is rather limited. I don't care how "cool" the Inquisitors look, they're all garbage-tier compared to Vader and the Emperor and your character obviously can't do anything against either of them due to the canon of the movies. So that means that you won't get to fight any Sith Lords who can rival a trained Jedi.

Also, I don't think you'll be able to accomplish anything of any real impact to the galaxy during the Galactic Empire rule unless they introduce some BS retcon like the protagonist of this game delivering the plans of the Death Star or protecting Luke somehow or some other contrived way of fitting the character to the canon and that would feel really dumb.

I think a more interesting idea would've been to play as Vader just learning how to fight in the armor. In lore he wasn't a badass from the get-go and almost got himself killed several times cause he wasn't comfortable with the armor. Starting up weak and hunting more and more Jedi exiles would've been cool as hell.

Around the Network

I am so excited by this! A STORY game FINALLY! No nonsense multiplayer. No microtransations. It WILL fit into the canon. Focusing on the best part of Star Wars, the Jedi/Sith powers and not some random shooter like a bounty hunter game. HYPED!

Now if only they'd make a game where you have to rise politically in the galactic senate.

Rey:

"Is that you grandpa?"

With the news about Dragon Age recently, this is confusing on EAs part. Battlefront hurt them, a lot but it also came out AFTER what EA rumoured to have done to Dragon Age. With Anthem's unsuccess, I wonder how things will turn out for for this and other EA non-sports stuff. EA don't want you to just buy the game, they want you spending, so no matter how good Respawn are, I still worry.

Hmm, pie.

shikamaru317 said:

This game should in theory be pretty good sized, it has been in development for awhile. Stig Asmussen, who is directing Jedi: Fallen Order, left Sony Santa Monica in 2014 after the cancellation of the new sci-fi IP he was directing, and joined on with Respawn soon afterward. He worked on a prototype for a new action IP for a few months to a year, but then Respawn made a deal with EA to make a Star Wars game and the new IP got put on hold in favor of Jedi: Fallen Order. So, Jedi Fallen Order has been in development since late 2015 I believe. We saw our first behind the scenes work on the game at E3 2016, when EA decided to do that E3 conference that was mostly behind the scenes footage of their developers making games:

So yeah, we're looking at approximately 4 years of development since it releases November 2019. I think 30+ hours seems likely for the game's length, maybe even 40+ if we're lucky. 

Looks like its a narrative-driven action game full of set pieces.

I'd expect something more like 10 hours, and dream of 14.

30+ hours is almost entirely unrealistic unless I am misunderstanding the nature of the game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Game looks promising, I have good faith in Respawn and hope this game can carry the Star Wars franchise back into the good light.