Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor- PS5 Reveal Happening April-June (Before E3) 2019.

DonFerrari said:
Well at least the part we would have a "reveal" turned out true kkkk

The console spec details in the rumor also match up with what was released today.

"The console will then arrive in March or November of 2020 for $499, which would be $100 more than PS4's launch price. It will arrive with backwards compatibility and a 7nm Ryzen 8 core, 16-thread processor of "unknown speed" with the architecture targeting 14 teraflops. The Pastebin says this will position the console for 4K gaming (with 8K upscaling support) as well as better performance for a new wireless iteration of PS VR, which will arrive the same year."

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
DonFerrari said:

The console spec details in the rumor also match up with what was released today.

"The console will then arrive in March or November of 2020 for $499, which would be $100 more than PS4's launch price. It will arrive with backwards compatibility and a 7nm Ryzen 8 core, 16-thread processor of "unknown speed" with the architecture targeting 14 teraflops. The Pastebin says this will position the console for 4K gaming (with 8K upscaling support) as well as better performance for a new wireless iteration of PS VR, which will arrive the same year."

I'm calling BS on that leak. For one, I can't see Sony aiming for $500 instead of $400. Secondly, no way Navi's highest end chipset is 14 tflop, it is AMD's next-gen mid-range GPU line, replacing Polaris. The current highest end Polaris GPU is 6 tflop. No GPU ever has more than doubled the performance of the previous gen chipset it is replacing. 10 tflop is most we can expect from Navi I think, maybe 11 tflop if Sony runs the clocks pretty high. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 April 2019

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

I'm calling BS on that leak. For one, I can't see Sony aiming for $500 instead of $400. Secondly, no way Navi's highest end chipset is 14 tflop, it is AMD's next-gen mid-range GPU line, replacing Polaris. The current highest end Polaris GPU is 6 tflop. No GPU ever has more than doubled the performance of the previous gen chipset it is replacing. 10 tflop is most we can expect from Navi I think, maybe 11 tflop if Sony runs the clocks pretty high. 

I remember reading that the PS5 and next Xbox are gonna have more teraflops than Stadia's 10.7 from an insider after Google had their reveal. I think 14 teraflops might still happen but im not as well versed on computer specs as you so you might be right.

From what Sony announced today I dont see how they can sell the PS5 at $399.

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

Yet.

I like the way you think

Great because you'll be using a LoD avy soon enough

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I remember reading that the PS5 and next Xbox are gonna have more teraflops than Stadia's 10.7 from an insider after Google had their reveal. I think 14 teraflops might still happen but im not as well versed on computer specs as you so you might be right.

From what Sony announced today I dont see how they can sell the PS5 at $399.

For one thing, I wouldn't be expecting the SSD to be the primary means of storage. I have a feeling we're looking at a much smaller SSD drive used for caching purposes. An SSD large enough to hold a decent number of next-gen games (most next-gen AAA games will be topping 80 GB most likely, with some over 100 GB, considering some current gen games are like RDR2 are already pushing 100 GB) would simply cost too much to be feasible for any next-gen console, especially since Mark said that the SSD is blazingly fast, hinting at an M.2 SSD. 

I'm thinking maybe it will have a 64 GB SSD, maybe 128 GB, paired with maybe a 1 or 2 TB 7200 RPM hard drive. When changing games, key files would be quickly written on SSD, with the less important files pulled from the standard hard drive. The initial load when first changing a game would be fairly long still, but all subsequent loads while actually playing; respawns, fast travel, etc. would be way faster, like the 0.8 second fast travel time in Spider-Man that Mark demonstrated. 

Using a smaller SSD for cache would greatly cut down on the price.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, only that there would be a reveal with BC and 7nm Ryzen is confirmed and all three were pretty much obvious guesses (BC was always possible, the only question was if sony would give it or not). So revealing a console obviously would happen one day, 7nm Ryzen was a given considering natural evolution, BC was a 90/10 toss. So I still hold the rumor as just a wild guess.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

I need the ps5 asap
I dont enjoy to play on the ps4 since 2 year

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS