Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have You Signed up to the Epic Games Store?

Have You Signed up to the Epic Games Store?

Yes 192 19.67%
 
Not yet, but I will 54 5.53%
 
Not yet, and I'm not sure if I will 135 13.83%
 
No, not interested 595 60.96%
 
Total:976
LittleSnake said:

Nope, never will

Then how will we play Borderlands together???



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

That people are are being fanboys over PC storefronts makes me feel a bit sick.

I'll get one if they're selling a GAME that I want to play. Because, you know, games are the important part to me, not which store I buy it from.



vivster said:
LittleSnake said:

Nope, never will

Then how will we play Borderlands together???

Playing Borderlands with you sounds very tempting. Don't worry, we'll figure something out 



Devour me like your unborn fetus 
John2290 said:
Yeah but I have to belive that most people on a forum like this are going to have the foresight to invest that bit more in a PC or laptop that has a dedicated graphics card and a good processor and RAM is rarely a problem these days, even if it means waiting a month or two extra to save. You are paying for a laptop or PC anyway so why not, as a gamer, go that extra hundred or two when upgrading for that 2GB card that will see you through more than three quarters the library of steam. Aren't we supposed to be the ones tech savvy? Why limit yourself when you are buying a laptop anyway or are laptops now dying because of smart phones? I do admit I use my phone for growing 90% of the time but I couldn't live without a dedicated laptop.
I find it odd that two thirds of the people on a gaming forum wouldn't have a PC or laptop at least comparable to the entry level consoles in 2019 or if they do limit themselves from free games and a cheaper service. What am I missing here? This is honestly confusing the he'll out of me and I wonder if it is just cause it is cool to defend the Steam and hate on Epic..

What cheaper service? Games that are both on Steam and Epic have both mostly the same pricetag. The publishers are the ones that cash in the winnings, the consumers get squat! Actually less than squat, considering that the other stores all offer more than Epic does

Free games couldn't get me into EA's store either, so why should the Epic store's free games be able to do so?

Also, Tencent owns 40% of Epic. I don't want the Chinese government to know more about me than my own government.



Signed up on their webpage for free games, still haven't downloaded/installed their client.



Around the Network
pokoko said:
That people are are being fanboys over PC storefronts makes me feel a bit sick.

I'll get one if they're selling a GAME that I want to play. Because, you know, games are the important part to me, not which store I buy it from.

Makes me even sicker when said people citing fanboys, are willing to defend bad practices and anti-consumerism. 

Just because you want something, doesn't mean you have to throw away everything to get it you know. having standards is nice to have, than having nothing and having to belittle others because you wish everyone's standards to lower to ones own. 

That, and people are allowed to just not sign up to a storefront you have you know?. If it makes you sick about people's decisions, then I think you need to rethink life in general, if that's what makes you sick.

Last edited by Chazore - on 11 April 2019

               

Bofferbrauer2 said:
John2290 said:
Yeah but I have to belive that most people on a forum like this are going to have the foresight to invest that bit more in a PC or laptop that has a dedicated graphics card and a good processor and RAM is rarely a problem these days, even if it means waiting a month or two extra to save. You are paying for a laptop or PC anyway so why not, as a gamer, go that extra hundred or two when upgrading for that 2GB card that will see you through more than three quarters the library of steam. Aren't we supposed to be the ones tech savvy? Why limit yourself when you are buying a laptop anyway or are laptops now dying because of smart phones? I do admit I use my phone for growing 90% of the time but I couldn't live without a dedicated laptop.
I find it odd that two thirds of the people on a gaming forum wouldn't have a PC or laptop at least comparable to the entry level consoles in 2019 or if they do limit themselves from free games and a cheaper service. What am I missing here? This is honestly confusing the he'll out of me and I wonder if it is just cause it is cool to defend the Steam and hate on Epic..

What cheaper service? Games that are both on Steam and Epic have both mostly the same pricetag. The publishers are the ones that cash in the winnings, the consumers get squat! Actually less than squat, considering that the other stores all offer more than Epic does

Free games couldn't get me into EA's store either, so why should the Epic store's free games be able to do so?

Also, Tencent owns 40% of Epic. I don't want the Chinese government to know more about me than my own government.

Metro only allowed for a cheap $5 in the states, not the rest of the world, other countries, which actually ended up paying more, because EPic don't want to pay for the sort of costs that Valve still pay for. WWZ devs are offering a $5, but that's paltry compared to what you can find on Steam, let alone GoG and GMG/itch.io

Epic also said they won't be allowing for key sales on sites like GMG, for games that are exclusive to their storefront, since they want to cut out everyone that isn't them and a publisher entirely, which doesn't benefit the consumer at all.

Also, Tencent now own 48.4% of EPic's shares now, very, very close to owning half of the company, and thus gaining a more equal footing in their own say for the company. Tencent also have their own storefront in the West now, which boasts more features than EGS, and will give Tencent more of a footing to eventually buy up even more shares (this is how Chinese "competition" acts). 



               

All Epic Games Store exclusive releases are really upsetting, but they didn't steal Cyberpunk yet, so I'm not gonna join Epic Games Store for now.



Eat, bark, love.

Akdana said:
they didn't steal Cyberpunk yet, so I'm not gonna join Epic Games Store for now.

Given that CD Projekt both owns GOG and develops Cyberpunk, this scenario will never happen.



CladInShadows said:
Akdana said:
they didn't steal Cyberpunk yet, so I'm not gonna join Epic Games Store for now.

Given that CD Projekt both owns GOG and develops Cyberpunk, this scenario will never happen.

Not to forget that they love to suck up to the gamer community every opportunity they get.



Hunting Season is done...