By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony State Of Play - Iron Man VR, No Man’s Sky VR, Days Gone Update

People fell for the same thing that Nintendo fans do before directs, over hype themselves for something. I thought it was fine, lots of stuff I want or am interested in. People need to realize this isnt the one and only one that's ever coming, your ''big'' state of plays will happen,not everything is gonna cater and wow you. Hell I can't even remember how many times I've been personally disappointed with a ND xD

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
People fell for the same thing that Nintendo fans do before directs, over hype themselves for something. I thought it was fine, lots of stuff I want or am interested in. People need to realize this isnt the one and only one that's ever coming, your ''big'' state of plays will happen,not everything is gonna cater and wow you. Hell I can't even remember how many times I've been personally disappointed with a ND xD

While I am only speaking for myself, I didnt hype myself up one bit, and I was still massively dissapointed.I dont think anyone here expected something big out of this, especially with Sony skipping E3, and even then we got dissapointed.Hell, even insiders in resetera said to not expect much out of this and people still got dissapointed.

I dont understand why people are trying to "make sense" out of this.It was a bad Sony "direct", and thats simply it.Its the same when Nintendo has a bad Direct.Its just a bad direct, and nothing more.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Was'nt bad but could have been better .
Guess they only wanted to focus on titles coming in the next 2 to 3 months.

HollyGamer said:
pikashoe said:
They really shouldn't have focused so much on vr or at least mentioned beforehand that the the main focus would be vr. It would be like if Nintendo announced a direct and and didn't mention it was going to be focused on Indies beforehand, people would be pissed.

Nintendo should had told people that they showed a Labo on Nintendo Direct  last year. 

Do you have a link for this? I don't remember this happening. If true then yeah I agree they should have mentioned that labo would be a big focus.

OMG, it was the VR State OF Play

Around the Network

I feel like people are going a bit overboard with criticizing this. I think in terms of pacing it was quite good. I feel like the first one of these should have had one big announcement.

pikashoe said:
I feel like people are going a bit overboard with criticizing this. I think in terms of pacing it was quite good. I feel like the first one of these should have had one big announcement.

Most people just said they were disappointed and got attacked for it. It happens if you criticize any of these kinda things.

Hot take: I think Sony will be fine, regardless of what happened with the first State of Play.

Yea, I think the criticism is a bit too much. It's the first SOP. As I mentioned before, the first Nintendo Direct didn't really make that many waves beyond a "What's wrong with you?" meme. And I think Nintendo themselves did not necessarily intended for directs to be what they are today. It was a small communication tool that evolved over time into 20-30 minute events of showcasing new announcements/updates for upcoming and current games.

But as I also mentioned before, what made the directs endearing was Iwata and Co. being present and talking about the games, creating a relationship between the consumers and developers that has not been shown before.

That livestream proved that they are saving all their content for the PS5.

ThatDreamcastTho said:
That livestream proved that they are saving all their content for the PS5.

I hope they have lots of games ready for the PS5 reveal/the launch year beyond PS5 versions of 2019/2020 PS4 games.