By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft plans to bring more ports to Switch this year, no plans for Xbox Live SDK on Switch just yet

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Lol, I remember it being weird when Sonic first appeared on a Nintendo console. At this rate they are going to get Master Chief too.

Cue Master Chief playing an NES? XD

Around the Network

Wouldn't say no to Rare Replay or Ori(which is rumored). Insane if they did new Battletoad day one on Switch, but that would never happen

CaptainExplosion said:
bowserthedog said:

I also see this all as a long term courting effort.  If the day ever comes where consoles are no more and everything is streaming they want Nintendo games on their service.

You mean as a back up plan?

I wouldn't call it a backup plan as xbox isn't really a big part of Microsofts business portfolio.  Microsoft likely hopes that the cloud takes over as they have a much bigger market to go after at that point.  They are hoping to get Nintendo content on their cloud one day.  

Cerebralbore101 said:
Rare Replay. Bring Banjo Kazooie home!

OMG *crying* 

bowserthedog said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You mean as a back up plan?

I wouldn't call it a backup plan as xbox isn't really a big part of Microsofts business portfolio.  Microsoft likely hopes that the cloud takes over as they have a much bigger market to go after at that point.  They are hoping to get Nintendo content on their cloud one day.  

Yeah, that's a tall order, since we can't say exactly where cloud gaming is going to end up, and it's still a less desirable business model because you can't keep the games you like after the service ends (Trust me, it very likely will).