Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Republican Party Discussion

SpokenTruth said:

Speaking of Nikki Haley, a political strategist (Paul Begala) expects Trump to officially name her as his VP running mate - not Pence. And he even predicts Trump to make this announcement at Mar-A-Lago on July 16th which is the last day of the Democratic National Convention. He suggests the announcement timing is to disrupt the big day for whichever candidate is nominated. It's not even claimed as a possibility but a straight up certainty.

That's one bold prediction with some very specific dating. 

It would certainly give her the credibility and presence to make her own bid for president in 2024.  I said she's been getting groomed for it but this would be way above anything I expected so for it.

Paul Begala's opinion really isn't worth much.

Haley's been mentioned as a replacement VP many times before.  It's sensational, but Haley's been busy getting ready for 2024.  She just hired Tim Chapman a few weeks ago to help build her infrastructure.  That doesn't sound like the work of someone who is planning on running on Trump's ticket and then inheriting his campaign apparatus.

I believe that her strategy and preference is to win as her own candidate, stretching her popularity beyond the Trump coalition while maintaining good terms with Trump and his crowd.  Running as Trump's junior partner doesn't really gel with that instinct.

Around the Network

Being pleased about what the present pandemic is allowing for politically right now is pretty sick and sad if I say so myself.

MOD EDIT - User was warned for this post.  Attempting to circumvent a thread ban by posting topics here and in the Democratic Party thread that are relevant to the thread he was banned from and not relevant to these threads.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 07 May 2020

MOD EDIT - User was warned for this post.  Attempting to circumvent a thread ban by posting topics here and in the Democratic Party thread that are relevant to the thread he was banned from and not relevant to these threads.

How were these posts not relevant to the threads they were posted in? Any point made, that is in anyway tied to the political opposition, has to be posted in the US Political thread? There seems to be plenty of this in the Democratic thread. Conservative/Republican politics is being talked about in there, so what is the problem here?

Being banned from the US Political thread means I can't post about politics in the Dem or Rep threads either? Suggesting that I don't post in the Dem safe space thread because it may automatically set some people off would be one thing, but not being able to post in the Republican safe space thread feels a little overbearing.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 08 May 2020

Though this thread obviously didn't get as much focus as the Democratic one seeing as the GOP candidate is the incumbent president, Trump has easily secured more than enough delegates in the primaries to once again be the official GOP nominee for 2020. Therefore, this thread has run its natural course and will be locked. I will provide a link to this thread in the U.S. Politics thread for anyone who wishes to continue any ongoing conversations.