Forums - Sports Discussion - Rugby World Cup 2019 Official Thread kick off today!

Who will be in the winner?

Australia 1 11.11%

Ireland 2 22.22%

New Zealand 4 44.44%

England 0 0.00%

South Africa 1 11.11%

Wales 0 0.00%

Scotland 0 0.00%

Argentina 0 0.00%

Japan 0 0.00%

USA 1 11.11%

Total:9
Shaunodon said:
Amazing.

I thought Japan wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace, they surprised me 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Shaunodon said:
Amazing.

I thought Japan wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace, they surprised me 

Japan's players have always had great speed and skill for the game, but they've always been dominated in the physical battle by the tier 1 sides. They still struggle with that, especially in set piece and rolling mauls, but they've come a long way and play with a lot of heart.

Australia were robbed, that was some of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Italy V NZ and France V England have both been cancelled due to a typhoon :(

think-man said:
Italy V NZ and France V England have both been cancelled due to a typhoon :(

The Italy vs NZ one really sucks.

France vs England was basically a dead rubber anyway, so while it would've been nice to have been able to watch, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Italy however could have got through to the QFs with a win. I mean, the chances of that actually happening were incredibly low and all, but there was a chance and Italy have now been robbed of that chance. I'd be incredibly pissed if I were them.

I really hope the Japan vs Scotland game goes ahead still. As much as I'd love to see Japan get through, and as ironic as it'd be for Hurricane Haggis to knock Scotland out, I'd much rather Japan get through on pure sporting merit than because of the weather.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

Even though we didn't really want the All Blacks playing Ireland in the quarters, can't say I'm anything but happy that Japan got a much deserved win and first ever playoff berth in the World Cup. Amazing achievement.

Scotland can go back to planning how they'll beat Italy in the Six Nations so they can avoid another wooden spoon.

Shaunodon said:
Even though we didn't really want the All Blacks playing Ireland in the quarters, can't say I'm anything but happy that Japan got a much deserved win and first ever playoff berth in the World Cup. Amazing achievement.

Scotland can go back to planning how they'll beat Italy in the Six Nations so they can avoid another wooden spoon.

Was amazing right! :D

So delighted with that result! Will be great to see Japan in the knockout rounds for the first time! Now, how about a repeat of that 2015 Japan vs SA match?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
So delighted with that result! Will be great to see Japan in the knockout rounds for the first time! Now, how about a repeat of that 2015 Japan vs SA match?

Its going to be tough thats for sure, but can never write them off. 

Poor 'lil thread. It never deserved to die like this

Anyways, looking forward to the final! I got some Safa friends to watch it with so it should certainly be an interesting night!