By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Samsung 43MU6100 or Sony Bravia XBR-55x905f? (UPDATE: Sony it is)

Tagged games:

Which should I get?

Samsung 43MU6100 4 20.00%

Sony Bravia XBR-55x905f 16 80.00%

Total:20
BraLoD said:
dx11332sega said:

Should definately buy Whatever Sony TV now then 4-5 years from now of saving in the bank When PS5 Pro releases buy another TV What you think guys should we do that?I know I am. but I already bought A samsung but next TV is definately few years away A Sony One those delicious visuals and mouth watering graphics from Sony TV's.

Edit: Right now my samsung sucks compared to you guys TV's ^_^

I was gaming this whole gen with an old 2012 32" Samsung and I didn't plan to switch it until they actually announced the PS5, but it broke.

I would wait for the reveal if I still had that TV, so I would recommend you do that, you'll pay less if you wait more, if you can you should wait.

And I would also like to tell you to be careful about OLED, even if the image is as good as it gets nowdays, it's risky for gaming, as it is possible to get image burn-in if you use the TV to play too much the same games (as in, HuD elements can get actually burn in your screen forever) and I imagine the investiment on such TVs to play with fear is not worth it, at least for me that can't simply replace it.

LED instead? not Oled? ok

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:
UPDATE: I bought the Sony TV some days ago, just waiting for it to ship in some days now.

New question: Do you guys recommend any good wall mounts? I need one that makes the TV stick close to the wall but would like to be able to easily handle its back ports too...

Get a full motion mount.

---

Sanus - Premium Series Full-Motion TV Wall Mount for Most 42" - 90" Flat-Panel TVs - Black

$300

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-premium-series-full-motion-tv-wall-mount-for-most-42-90-flat-panel-tvs-black/5463302.p?skuId=5463302

^ is what I got my for my TV few months ago.

Btw , what model TV did you get?

Edit: NVM lol - Grats for the TV!

Do you have any other mounts for your other TV?

I need one that keeps the TV really close to the wall, but I don't know if picking a mount that keeps it in one place will make it hard to plug and unplug stuff behind it.

dx11332sega said:
BraLoD said:

I was gaming this whole gen with an old 2012 32" Samsung and I didn't plan to switch it until they actually announced the PS5, but it broke.

I would wait for the reveal if I still had that TV, so I would recommend you do that, you'll pay less if you wait more, if you can you should wait.

And I would also like to tell you to be careful about OLED, even if the image is as good as it gets nowdays, it's risky for gaming, as it is possible to get image burn-in if you use the TV to play too much the same games (as in, HuD elements can get actually burn in your screen forever) and I imagine the investiment on such TVs to play with fear is not worth it, at least for me that can't simply replace it.

If you plan to use it for gaming and for a long time, yes.

OLED is the best but I would not want to risk getting it permanently damaged just a few months after I bought it.

Imagine playing a Souls game for a long time because it's hard and you have to keep trying and then when you turn on your TV again you'll have an Estus Flask permanently burned on your screen lower side and have to stick with it on other games? lol.

BraLoD said:
dx11332sega said:

If you plan to use it for gaming and for a long time, yes.

OLED is the best but I would not want to risk getting it permanently damaged just a few months after I bought it.

Imagine playing a Souls game for a long time because it's hard and you have to keep trying and then when you turn on your TV again you'll have an Estus Flask permanently burned on your screen lower side and have to stick with it on other games? lol.

I checked rting.com Best 4k TV's currently OLed burns and I guess then others Are different . But what you have Sony X900F Is best HDR and for gaming 

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

BraLoD said:

Do you have any other mounts for your other TV?

I need one that keeps the TV really close to the wall, but I don't know if picking a mount that keeps it in one place will make it hard to plug and unplug stuff behind it.

I have a non-full motion tv mount for my 55'' Sony bravia that I bought two years ago.

Similar to this but they dont sell the one I have anymore: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-mll11-fixed-wall-mount-for-most-37-80-flat-panel-tvs-black/3516749.p?skuId=3516749

I'd recommend a full motion mount like the one i posted in the other post earlier.

Its good to have a full motion mount to make it easier to move so you can change cables when necessary. You can keep it close to the wall, there's no issue with that but its good to have room to move otherwise you would need to get something like a HDMI Switcher (which I use cause I have so many devices lol)

Plug it into a HDMI port on the TV and you can plug whatever you want onto this device, make it easy to reach - you can put it on the side, screw it into the wall, etc.

I bought this from Amazon and it was $25 USD

Basil's YouTube Channel