Forums - Movies Discussion - Alita Battle Angel by James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez (based on the manga

Eagle367 said:
axumblade said:

Given how often Phoenix has been pushed back, I could see it being shelved (which is rumored to be what happened with New Mutants as well. *sigh* oh well, at least we got a cool cover of Cry Little Sister by Manson...) 

Wait new mutants is gone and dark phoenix is next> damn I was hoping to see those 2 since fox was doing really well with their mutant franchises for the last few

Apparently they keep showing Phoenix to test audiences and I never really hear anything positive coming from them. It's still slated to come out this year. We haven't seen anything in regards to New Mutants since they pushed it back past X-Men: Dark Phoenix :/

Around the Network

I thought the writing was terrible, but the visuals and action were good.

As far as the eyes go, I definitely felt the uncanny valley in the initial trailers, but not during the film. I don't know if they tweaked the visuals or I just got used to it in between, but she looked great on screen.

TallSilhouette said:
I thought the writing was terrible, but the visuals and action were good.

As far as the eyes go, I definitely felt the uncanny valley in the initial trailers, but not during the film. I don't know if they tweaked the visuals or I just got used to it in between, but she looked great on screen.

I love the script of the movie. They manage to put the first 2 volumes into the movie, with some change, but still, that was not easy, trust me.