By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi’s Crafted World launches March 29

While I'd normally brush over a title like this, I really like the looks of the design and will probably get this one new.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

It's less about the jump and more that it just seems like a game with more heart and soul put into it, more stylistic individuality and craftsmanship.

I don't recall ever calling Octopath Traveler filler.

Sure, it has a better art style but looking at the previous Yoshi game by Feel-Good, it is in the same tier in terms of commercial/critical reception as the "filler" titles like Kirby/Tennis/Party.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, in a previous thread we had an argument over 2018s "filler" titles and I thought Octopath was included.

As well as artistically I'd also say it's technically and conceptually superior. Critically it may score similarly, but I rarely concur with reviewers.

Octopath definitely wasn't filler. It was a lower budget project and not my cup of tea, but it had a great sense of style and smartly emulated the 16-bit era of JRPGs that a lot of NES/SNES kids grew up with, putting a modern spin on a classic template. You could tell it was made with love.

I would've considered Mario Party a 2nd tier filler, but the way it's selling...geez. It's definitely top tier

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

I cant believe you only bought 1 Switch game in all of 2018, none of the hundreds of small-medium tier titles had any appeal to you?

A few came close, like I seriously considered getting Valkyria Chronicles 4, but there was always something missing or some turn-off that quelled my enthusiasm. I did buy and really enjoy Wolfenstein II though.

On the flipside, tons of games on my list this year; Doom Eternal, Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi, TSR...

Don't know if sale is still going on, but was on eshop the other day and Valkyria Chronicles 4 was on sale for like 50% off.

the box art is lovely
i think im gong physical with this one because of it, despite im team digital

Around the Network
irstupid said:
curl-6 said:

A few came close, like I seriously considered getting Valkyria Chronicles 4, but there was always something missing or some turn-off that quelled my enthusiasm. I did buy and really enjoy Wolfenstein II though.

On the flipside, tons of games on my list this year; Doom Eternal, Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi, TSR...

Don't know if sale is still going on, but was on eshop the other day and Valkyria Chronicles 4 was on sale for like 50% off.

I tried the demo of VC4, and while I did enjoy it, my experience with these kind of strategy games is that inevitably I hit a brick wall where it just gets too hard and I become to frustrated to enjoy it any more.

At any rate, I'm more than happy to leave 2018 behind and move on to the much more promising year of 2019. There's already 5 Switch games slated for this year on my buy list, and that could grow as new titles are revealed throughout the year. I bought 5 games in 2017 also, though it would've been 6 if I didn't pick up BOTW on Wii U.

curl-6 said:
irstupid said:

I tried the demo of VC4, and while I did enjoy it, my experience with these kind of strategy games is that inevitably I hit a brick wall where it just gets too hard and I become to frustrated to enjoy it any more.

At any rate, I'm more than happy to leave 2018 behind and move on to the much more promising year of 2019. There's already 5 Switch games slated for this year on my buy list, and that could grow as new titles are revealed throughout the year. I bought 5 games in 2017 also, though it would've been 6 if I didn't pick up BOTW on Wii U.

Only 5 in 2017? You must be very picky. Looking through my Switch collection, I think it was 15 games in 2017 & 18 games in 2018 or something like that.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Only 5 in 2017? You must be very picky. Looking through my Switch collection, I think it was 15 games in 2017 & 18 games in 2018 or something like that.

I am pretty picky. In 2017 I picked up BOTW, (for Wii U, I still kinda count it though as a Switch game that year that I considered worth buying) Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Kingdom Battle, Doom, and Xenoblade 2.

Actually scratch that, make it 7. I also picked up Yooka Laylee, a 2017 release, though I waited until it came out on cartridge in 2018.