By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What JRPG has the best soundtrack you´ve ever heard?

There are so many to choose, so hard to narrow it down. But for me, it's Skies of Arcadia.

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"

Around the Network

FF7 easily. It has eveything down. The quality is at the highest, one of the most enormous quantities of soundtracks I've ever heard, and a variety of tracks that hit every emotion including more nuanced feelings down very well. Some other notable soundtracks include FF9, Chrono Cross, FF8 and most recently Nier Automata.

Lube Me Up

Xenogears, Xenoblade 1, Octopath Traveler just to name a few.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I like a lot of JRPG music but my favourite is FFVIII.

Xenoblade X has some of the best music in the series and it isn't even close. The first is more consistently good though, although I still go X then the original Xenoblade. Wild Arms and Lunar The Silver Star are also fantastic.

Around the Network

If I can make a top 5, it would be this:

1 - Xenoblade Chronicles
2 - Chrono Trigger
3 - Terranigma
4 - YS Books 1 & 2
5 - Lufia II

Honorable mention, Earthbound. My God is it on another level.

chrono trigger, final fantasy vi, xenoblade chronicles

Grandia 2. Masterful all around.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and FF IX probably.

What came to mind right away was Chrono Trigger. Almost every single tune in that OST is excellent and worthy of being on a music device. Funny enough, the main so-so tunes were ones that were cut, haha. Even they knew those 2 weren't quite up to par.

A runner up would be maybe XC2 or Grandia 2. XC2's ost has many excellent tunes, and Grandia 2 has one of the greatest battle themes to ever grace a JRPG.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread