By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What JRPG has the best soundtrack you´ve ever heard?

Is the JRPG genre the one genre which consistently has fantastic music?

Around the Network

Nier Autómata

There are two series that really resonate with me:
Final Fantasy (well, up to X at least) and Xenoblade Chronicles. Out of those series, my most listened ones are Final Fantasy IX and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Both have fantastic, altough very different soundtracks. And I also would like to throw in a third game, Lost Odyssey. Like holy shit, that games Soundtrack is god-tier.

Nier and Final Fantasy IX are my favorites.

Below, I also really like the Ys/Legend of Heroes OSTs, various Final Fantasy games, Nier: Automata, Persona 3/4/5, Earthbound, Sonic Adventure 2, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Final Fantasy X

Around the Network

I haven't played many Final Fantasy games and so I can't comment on what seems to be the popular choices on this thread but I honestly found Earthbound to have one of the most unique and memorable soundtracks in any game that I have ever played. It's one of the few games where I will just be listening to classical music years later or even just the regular radio and a track reminds of Earthbound and takes me back to all of those amazing memories that I had playing that game!

Easily Nier Automata for me.

FF X, Chrono Cross, or Xenogears

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

I'm with you, FF8 all the way!!! Love Grows is possibly one of the greatest love melodies ever made when you hear the fully arranged version.
The Landing is one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) videogame pieces I have ever heard...period!

If anyone's interested...by FAR the best fan remake of The Landing. Sounds like it'd be in a FF8 movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2gHdinH9o&t=23s