By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Thread - The Game Awards 2018 - God of War Wins GOTY 2018!

Congrats, BOY.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
So this was a ruse to pull the carpet from under our feet ?!

Clever, I say. Congrats to GOW !

yup, it was all pre-planned, same format has been used the last few years

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Woo congrats to GoW !

Great show. Really fun to watch.

HandofPrometheus said:
Hiku said:

Hiku not sleeping today.

If that DLC was out today, I'd walk to the nearest store and buy the game and a Switch right now.

Last edited by Hiku - on 07 December 2018

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Mar1217 said:
So this was a ruse to pull the carpet from under our feet ?!

Clever, I say. Congrats to GOW !

Last year went pretty much how everyone expected it. I think only 2016 went in unexpected ways.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'm about halfway through GoW myself. So far, I'm loving the way the game is open world, yet every square foot is lovingly designed in an almost OoT/Metroidvania sort of way. Lowering the water level to reveal new parts of the lake is such a great mechanic.

Mar1217 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Last year went pretty much how everyone expected it. I think only 2016 went in unexpected ways.

This year used the same format as last years. I was even telling someone on facebook how the ''runner up'' that was winning awards would get a concert like last year when Mario got a concert.  Turned out to be true, last year Mario got a concert, BOTW won, RDR 2 getes a concert, GOW wins. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Mar1217 said:

This year used the same format as last years. I was even telling someone on facebook how the ''runner up'' that was winning awards would get a concert like last year when Mario got a concert.  Turned out to be true, last year Mario got a concert, BOTW won, RDR 2 getes a concert, GOW wins. 

Ok, you mean that. Nice foreseeing then :) We'll see next year if it holds up :)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Congrats to God of War for winning game of the year.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.