By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Pokémon let’s go sold 664,198 copies in 3 days // Switch HW 180,585

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Game doing great so far, a far cry from all the negative rumblings surrounding the game in the lead up to release.

Just the the vocal minority really have been the loudest. It's happened quite a bit in Switch's life time. People complain and trash a release(most recent one was the ports debate) then it goes on to sell huge numbers(IE: MK8)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

3m FW! https://nintendosoup.com/pokemon-lets-go-sold-3-million-copies-worldwide-largest-pokemon-launch-ever/

tbone51 said:
SKMBlake said:

We can expect at least 2 millions WW for launch week then

3mil. SMO was 2mil

You were right TBone. Seems it sales leaned a lot more to the west than most Pokémon games, probably due to Pokémon Go association. 

Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

3mil. SMO was 2mil

You were right TBone. Seems it sales leaned a lot more to the west than most Pokémon games, probably due to Pokémon Go association. 

3Mil seemed about right, 2mil was a little low considering UK was 120k and spain was 64k. Breakdown fw is probably something like...

Japan *650k (real numbers)

Europe 800k+

NoA 1.3mil+

RotW 250k+

Not top bad. The only good news is the game is surprisingly having good word of mouth. Legs will be great this holiday. 10mil ship+digital is looking good at the moment

Pokemon Let's GO is already at 3M worldwide in its first 3 days!! :O

https://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-eevee-sell-3-million-units-worldwide-in-first-three-days/

Around the Network

Another possible 10m seller at this point if it manages it would make it the 4th on the platform and considering it had a bigger launch than the current 3 10m sellers it's looking to be that way. Well 4th is a bit of a stretch as the 4th 10m seller may come in the next few weeks with Smash out next week so maybe 5th.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Maybe we should go on an LSD trip every now and then to be able to see what tbone sees.

Or looking at it more analytically, an important factor that wasn't taken into account is that Switch's digital business is notably stronger than the 3DS's, so comparing plain retail sales to plain retail sales and using that as the basis to extrapolate a worldwide total has a serious flaw, especially since Nintendo has begun to offer 10% cashback for digital preorders of first party games (cashback for retail copies is 1%). If that had been taken into account, the expectation would have risen from 2m to 2.5m easily, so the remaining margin of error wouldn't have made tbone look like a bold prediction god again.

Im quite sure tbone is just johnlucas reincarnated

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Barkley said:
polofresco said:
Can it reach 2 million copies sold in its first week?

In Uk sold 116.000 and I expect numbers to be higher in France and Germany, and obviously in US.

Unless it does proportionally a lot better in other regions than Japan compared to other Pokemon Games seems unlikely. UK sales compared to Japan sales were pretty similar to Sun/Moon (Roughly 6 times higher in Japan than UK.)

X/Y FW - 46.3% of sales in Japan
OR/AS FW - 43.3% of sales in Japan
S/M FW -  35.7% of sales in Japan
US/UM FW - 54.6% of sales in Japan

I think the reason S/M has a lower % in Japan is due to Japan being quicker to adopt new Nintendo Handhelds, so with time everywhere else catches up.

But I think for global sales we should expect 1.5-1.85m.

You sure were wrong in expectations it sold over 3 million so double the amount 

Last edited by ResilientFighter - on 22 November 2018

ResilientFighter said:
Barkley said:

Unless it does proportionally a lot better in other regions than Japan compared to other Pokemon Games seems unlikely. UK sales compared to Japan sales were pretty similar to Sun/Moon (Roughly 6 times higher in Japan than UK.)

X/Y FW - 46.3% of sales in Japan
OR/AS FW - 43.3% of sales in Japan
S/M FW -  35.7% of sales in Japan
US/UM FW - 54.6% of sales in Japan

I think the reason S/M has a lower % in Japan is due to Japan being quicker to adopt new Nintendo Handhelds, so with time everywhere else catches up.

But I think for global sales we should expect 1.5-1.85m.

You sure were wrong in expectations it sold over 3 million so double the amount 

It's amazing, I missed my guessing by 1 million!!

Pokemon is really a monster... I can't wait to see the numbers for France and US. 

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Maybe we should go on an LSD trip every now and then to be able to see what tbone sees.

Or looking at it more analytically, an important factor that wasn't taken into account is that Switch's digital business is notably stronger than the 3DS's, so comparing plain retail sales to plain retail sales and using that as the basis to extrapolate a worldwide total has a serious flaw, especially since Nintendo has begun to offer 10% cashback for digital preorders of first party games (cashback for retail copies is 1%). If that had been taken into account, the expectation would have risen from 2m to 2.5m easily, so the remaining margin of error wouldn't have made tbone look like a bold prediction god again.

I take great offence to this