By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Pokémon let’s go sold 664,198 copies in 3 days // Switch HW 180,585

SKMBlake said:
Wyrdness said:

Adding the UK numbers to this that means so far we know PLG has moved 780,198 copies.

We can expect at least 2 millions WW for launch week then

3mil. SMO was 2mil

Around the Network

Seems like great numbers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

tbone51 said:
SKMBlake said:

We can expect at least 2 millions WW for launch week then

3mil. SMO was 2mil

Hope you're joking TBone, for the 3ds pokemon titles Japan+UK made up about 45% of FW sales, for a 3m opening that 45% would have to change to 26% for let's go. While Let's Go might have a stronger USA ratio than most Pokemon Games it's not going to be that different.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Hope you're joking TBone, for the 3ds pokemon titles Japan+UK made up about 45% of FW sales, for a 3m opening that 45% would have to change to 26% for let's go. While Let's Go might have a stronger USA ratio than most Pokemon Games it's not going to be that different.

While I don't think 3m are realistic, your comparison does not take into account that the 3DS's popularity skews more towards Japan than Switch's, i.e. Japanese 3DS hardware sales accounted for ~33% of the global total while the same value for Switch is ~25%. Taking that into account, it makes it more feasible to exceed 2m first week worldwide for Let's Go.

That is true if we're including UK as well as Japan it's 38.7% for 3DS and only 29.8% for Switch. And when Sun/Moon launched it was 40%, X/Y 44% so even more in favour. So yes the sales could certainly be higher than I previously suggested.

Barkley said:
Replicant said:

The game ended with 279 points in COMG. Why didn't people expect 180k at launch? Who were those people?

OT: Great launch. Can't wait to see the numbers that next year's core Pokémon game will do.

I think he was referring to 664k for the game, not 180k for the Switch. Can't say I remember many predictions on the ratio/sales in the comg thread though. But I hate reading.

Pokemon 2019 should hit at least 2.2m in Japan FW.

I think many were expecting ratios similar to past Pokemon games when it's obviously targeting different audiences. I was expecting around 500k and it has easily surpassed it without digital which is impressive. I did not expect the hardware boost it got though!

Around the Network
Barkley said:
polofresco said:
Can it reach 2 million copies sold in its first week?

In Uk sold 116.000 and I expect numbers to be higher in France and Germany, and obviously in US.

Unless it does proportionally a lot better in other regions than Japan compared to other Pokemon Games seems unlikely. UK sales compared to Japan sales were pretty similar to Sun/Moon (Roughly 6 times higher in Japan than UK.)

X/Y FW - 46.3% of sales in Japan
OR/AS FW - 43.3% of sales in Japan
S/M FW -  35.7% of sales in Japan
US/UM FW - 54.6% of sales in Japan

I think the reason S/M has a lower % in Japan is due to Japan being quicker to adopt new Nintendo Handhelds, so with time everywhere else catches up.

But I think for global sales we should expect 1.5-1.85m.

In Spain sold 64K units.

Link: https://vandal.elespanol.com/noticia/1350715793/pokemon-lets-go-es-el-mejor-lanzamiento-que-switch-ha-tenido-en-espana/

Game doing great so far, a far cry from all the negative rumblings surrounding the game in the lead up to release.

We see the results of that week and for some reason the PS4 sells 300k in Europe and beats the Switch that week. Its like many gamers in Europe are waiting for big Switch releases to buy a PS4...

KLXVER said:
We see the results of that week and for some reason the PS4 sells 300k in Europe and beats the Switch that week. Its like many gamers in Europe are waiting for big Switch releases to buy a PS4...

We do it on purpose just to screw with Nintendo and Vgchartz. Its also why the PS4 managed to sell 20 million units last year. Because BOTW and SMO. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
KLXVER said:

We do it on purpose just to screw with Nintendo and Vgchartz. Its also why the PS4 managed to sell 20 million units last year. Because BOTW and SMO. 

So that's why Sony hasn't been shit talking Nintendo so much in recent years... Its all coming together now!