By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

Kai_Mao said:
ResilientFighter said:

pokemon lets go costs 50% more than sun and moon so the profits are the same roughly and sun and moon came out when there were way more 3Ds sold than switch consoles. this game is a total success 

More like 33%, but regardless, Let's Go is likely to make up for it with revenue and profit. Plus you have the Poke Ball Plus to consider. A pretty good amount of preorders for Let's Go are likely with the Poke Ball Plus bundle.

bro you are right sorry about that since i got the pokeball remote bundle for 100 i forgot the game was 60 without it and i wasnt sure if 3DS games were 40 or 45 lol

Around the Network
ResilientFighter said:
Kai_Mao said:

More like 33%, but regardless, Let's Go is likely to make up for it with revenue and profit. Plus you have the Poke Ball Plus to consider. A pretty good amount of preorders for Let's Go are likely with the Poke Ball Plus bundle.

bro you are right sorry about that since i got the pokeball remote bundle for 100 i forgot the game was 60 without it and i wasnt sure if 3DS games were 40 or 45 lol

What are you talking about?!

You are right!!! The 3DS games cost $40, 50% from $40 are $20. So when you say that lets go costs 50% more than sun&moon, you are right, because 60 are 50% bigger than 40.

KaiMao sentence would be correct only if he was saying that sun&moon costs 33% less than lets go.

Dand said:
ResilientFighter said:

You are right!!! The 3DS games cost $40, 50% from $40 are $20. So when you say that lets go costs 50% more than sun&moon, you are right, because 60 are 50% bigger than 40.

KaiMao sentence would be correct only if he was saying that sun&moon costs 33% less than lets go.

Yea your second statement is what I meant.

The very fact that this is being compared to the sales of mainline entries is extremely impressive. This is basically a spinoff game that is selling like a mainline game. Is there any other Pokemon spinoff game that sells even close to the main series?

Dand said:
ResilientFighter said:

Too many college classes at once make me unsure what equations i do are right or wrong anymore T_T 

Im glad I was right at the beginning then thanks lol

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:
Considering the hype around switch and Pokémon atm I'd say that was an alright opening. Not amazing but not bad either.

Hype? This was the least hyped pokemon game of all time. Its a remake as well (of a third version) and to top it off ironically made a killing in $$$.

If you break it down pokemon lets go probably profited about the same as sun and moon and it definelty outdid XY

I said Pokémon hype. And after Pokémon go and Pokémon sun/moon the hype for the series is at a real high point. Same for switch so couple them together and i wouldn't expect this to do any less. 

Hiku said:

It's all thanks to Ryan Reynolds.

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Dont let the vocal minority make you believe this.

I still hope that I am wrong and the recent reviews, trailers and lets play videos have changed their minds. But I'll wait until we get some WW numbers. 

Critic reviews, impressions from players and very positive word of month, popularity on Twitch/YouTube, telling us that this game will do quite well LT and probably one pair with main Pokemon games.

zkp said:
This game cost 60 $? Nice joke Nintendo, disgusting but nice.

Not sure whether you've played the game. I haven't: I cancelled my order due to bad advance publicity, and I was feeling that I was probably right when I saw early reviews complaining about the motion controls and low difficulty. But I'm turning around because two YouTubers who always fall at the “cynical” end of the spectrum (Jim Stirling & Blunty) have given the game very positive reports. Blunty in particular is 36 hours in and says that the game does become as challenging as earlier Pokemon games, and he's played them all.

The reason I'm putting this comment in this thread is that once the presale bonanza is over, what will matter to sales is whether word of mouth is good or bad amongst the sort of gamer who doesn't hang out at VGChartz or Metacritic. And I think that word of mouth will be good. The review bombers read to me like spoiled, angry children (the Pokéball Plus is a functioning bluetooth controller, not a “$40 Mew dlc”) and I think they will turn out to be on the wrong side of history.

So Lets Go was launched on:

-Lowest install base ever that any Pokemon game was launched
-Its having stock problems
-Its having much higher price point than other Pokemon game
-Almost certain having higher digital sales (that didnt count) than any other Pokemon game

And game sold only 5% worse than Pokemon X / Y!? That's damn impressive for Lets Go.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 19 November 2018