By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon: Let’s Go sells 116,000 copies in the first 3 days in UK

zorg1000 said:
flashfire926 said:

Ah... I glossed through the list and didnt play close attention. It didnt actually do that bad. But considering this is a gen 1 remake... I expected somewhat better. Being below gen 3 remakes is somewhat surprising.

Ya but this doesnt include digital which is significantly more prevalent on Switch compared to 3DS, it's probably really close when factoring that in.

Plus you got the Switch console bundle to factor in, which may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but it adds up.

Around the Network

It did pretty well in the weakest european market (France and Germany are bigger markets for Nintendo - there were around 700 000 Switch sold for its first year in the UK according to GameIndustry.biz, should be around 1 million by now), I expect (like everyone else) huge numbers in Japan and US (and also France in a smaller scale)

Almost similar to XY which is also the first Pokemon game on 3DS. Which is pretty especially how different it is compared to other pokemon games

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
Considering the hype around switch and Pokémon atm I'd say that was an alright opening. Not amazing but not bad either.

Lots of hardcore Pokemon are not planning to buy the game. Unless you are talking about the hype for Detective Pikachu..... which doesn't really make sense why 1 trailer would make them buy this game. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:
Considering the hype around switch and Pokémon atm I'd say that was an alright opening. Not amazing but not bad either.

Lots of hardcore Pokemon are not planning to buy the game. Unless you are talking about the hype for Detective Pikachu..... which doesn't really make sense why 1 trailer would make them buy this game. 

Dont let the vocal minority make you believe this.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Jranation said:

Dont let the vocal minority make you believe this.

I still hope that I am wrong and the recent reviews, trailers and lets play videos have changed their minds. But I'll wait until we get some WW numbers. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

flashfire926 said:
60% down from sun/moon.... oof

pokemon lets go costs 50% more than sun and moon so the profits are the same roughly and sun and moon came out when there were way more 3Ds sold than switch consoles. this game is a total success 

I am so happy to here the UK loves pokemon lets go :D
PIKAPOWER!!!

ResilientFighter said:
flashfire926 said:
60% down from sun/moon.... oof

pokemon lets go costs 50% more than sun and moon so the profits are the same roughly and sun and moon came out when there were way more 3Ds sold than switch consoles. this game is a total success 

More like 33%, but regardless, Let's Go is likely to make up for it with revenue and profit. Plus you have the Poke Ball Plus to consider. A pretty good amount of preorders for Let's Go are likely with the Poke Ball Plus bundle.

Kerotan said:

Hype? This was the least hyped pokemon game of all time. Its a remake as well (of a third version) and to top it off ironically made a killing in $$$.

If you break it down pokemon lets go probably profited about the same as sun and moon and it definelty outdid XY