By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony disappointing service: time to change my lead platform?

Faelco said:
PSN Support said: 

We understand your feelings considering your inquiry; however, there is no exception to our refund rules.  

We regret to inform you again that any purchased contents are not refundable at any case according to "Sony Entertainment Network" and "PSN" terms of service and user agreement.

Honestly, f**k them. Can't believe how crappy and scammy their support is.

What exactly did you write in your inquiry?



Around the Network
twintail said:
Faelco said:

Honestly, f**k them. Can't believe how crappy and scammy their support is.

What exactly did you write in your inquiry?

I explained the situation from the beginning, telling that I moved, bought a new console in my new region and just took my games with me, and used my local account to buy the points in the "suggested content" menu. I told them that even Naughty Dog, on their assistance forums, tell people in my case to ask PSN for a refund. I asked them, if it's not possible, what was I supposed to do? Buy again each of my games if I ever want to use the Store? And I asked for a confirmation from a manager because "I wonder if they misunderstood the situation", but received an answer from the same person, and as usual an almost automatic one (copy/paste from the "usual answers", surely).

 

I give up, they're useless and don't care at all about it. Wanting to invest on another system is more about pride now, don't want to keep paying stuff on the PSN when I know that they scammed me already. And like I said, if I go back to France in some time (could be 3 months, could be 10 years, don't know), I might lose everything again...



Faelco said:
twintail said:

What exactly did you write in your inquiry?

I explained the situation from the beginning, telling that I moved, bought a new console in my new region and just took my games with me, and used my local account to buy the points in the "suggested content" menu. I told them that even Naughty Dog, on their assistance forums, tell people in my case to ask PSN for a refund. I asked them, if it's not possible, what was I supposed to do? Buy again each of my games if I ever want to use the Store? And I asked for a confirmation from a manager because "I wonder if they misunderstood the situation", but received an answer from the same person, and as usual an almost automatic one (copy/paste from the "usual answers", surely).

 

I give up, they're useless and don't care at all about it. Wanting to invest on another system is more about pride now, don't want to keep paying stuff on the PSN when I know that they scammed me already. And like I said, if I go back to France in some time (could be 3 months, could be 10 years, don't know), I might lose everything again...

Your game and your account were both EU?



twintail said:
Faelco said:

I explained the situation from the beginning, telling that I moved, bought a new console in my new region and just took my games with me, and used my local account to buy the points in the "suggested content" menu. I told them that even Naughty Dog, on their assistance forums, tell people in my case to ask PSN for a refund. I asked them, if it's not possible, what was I supposed to do? Buy again each of my games if I ever want to use the Store? And I asked for a confirmation from a manager because "I wonder if they misunderstood the situation", but received an answer from the same person, and as usual an almost automatic one (copy/paste from the "usual answers", surely).

 

I give up, they're useless and don't care at all about it. Wanting to invest on another system is more about pride now, don't want to keep paying stuff on the PSN when I know that they scammed me already. And like I said, if I go back to France in some time (could be 3 months, could be 10 years, don't know), I might lose everything again...

Your game and your account were both EU?

No, that's the problem! Until recently I lived in France and used EU games/account.

But recently I started playing with my JP account, and bought the points with it (because the points were in the "more about this game" menu). According to Sony, when I moved to Japan I shouldn't have just bought a new console and use my JP account, I was supposed to buy again all of my games, physical and digital alike if I want them to work correctly. It's ridiculous. At least don't tell me "Hey, you can buy this addon for this game" if it won't work.



Faelco said:
twintail said:

Your game and your account were both EU?

No, that's the problem! Until recently I lived in France and used EU games/account.

But recently I started playing with my JP account, and bought the points with it (because the points were in the "more about this game" menu). According to Sony, when I moved to Japan I shouldn't have just bought a new console and use my JP account, I was supposed to buy again all of my games, physical and digital alike if I want them to work correctly. It's ridiculous. At least don't tell me "Hey, you can buy this addon for this game" if it won't work.

So EU game, with JPN account. And the game took you to the EU PSN page to purchase the coins?

Also I feel like something is being lost in translation. You dont need to repurchase anything unless you specifically need to use microtransactions on your JPN account. Then all you need is a JPN copy of the game.



Around the Network
twintail said:
Faelco said:

No, that's the problem! Until recently I lived in France and used EU games/account.

But recently I started playing with my JP account, and bought the points with it (because the points were in the "more about this game" menu). According to Sony, when I moved to Japan I shouldn't have just bought a new console and use my JP account, I was supposed to buy again all of my games, physical and digital alike if I want them to work correctly. It's ridiculous. At least don't tell me "Hey, you can buy this addon for this game" if it won't work.

So EU game, with JPN account. And the game took you to the EU PSN page to purchase the coins?

Also I feel like something is being lost in translation. You dont need to repurchase anything unless you specifically need to use microtransactions on your JPN account. Then all you need is a JPN copy of the game.

No, I used the Japanese PSN, and paid in yens. The game is EU but took me to the JP PSN page, even  thought it can't use the coins. 

Even Naughty Dog is saying that people should ask Sony for a refund in that case, it's incredible that the answer is no.



Faelco said:
twintail said:

So EU game, with JPN account. And the game took you to the EU PSN page to purchase the coins?

Also I feel like something is being lost in translation. You dont need to repurchase anything unless you specifically need to use microtransactions on your JPN account. Then all you need is a JPN copy of the game.

No, I used the Japanese PSN, and paid in yens. The game is EU but took me to the JP PSN page, even  thought it can't use the coins. 

Even Naughty Dog is saying that people should ask Sony for a refund in that case, it's incredible that the answer is no.

Yeah that is strange. It shouldn't be able to push you through to the JPN psn on your EU copy, regardless of your PSN account. It should find a compatibility issue between the games region and the associated PSN. You sure you activated the purchase? Did you try and see if your EU account got the coins instead?

It is possible they think there is something strange with your refund request because of the EU/ JPN thing. As for ND, there is really nothing they can do because its not their store front.



shitty sony service is nothing new. This is the same company that banned my ip address for no reason blamed my internet provider and then told me I have to buy a new router to fix the issue instead of just unbanning my ip address



Faelco said:
Hiku said:

Regarding you not getting a refund for your purchase, that's really messed up. Have you tried asking to speak to a manager or some senior employee? Some times you can get completely different outcomes depending on who you talk to. it's possible the person you spoke to didn't quite fully understand your situation, and perhaps thought you could use those items on your Jp account, but that you then wanted to transfer them to your other account, etc.

I would try the refund again, because its seems like an obvious refund situation.

Well, I tried. This is the answer

PSN Support said: 

We understand your feelings considering your inquiry; however, there is no exception to our refund rules.  

We regret to inform you again that any purchased contents are not refundable at any case according to "Sony Entertainment Network" and "PSN" terms of service and user agreement.

Honestly, f**k them. Can't believe how crappy and scammy their support is.

Yeah, that's effed up...
But that last line doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure people have been refunded for purchased content. In this thread SvennoJ described how he got refunded after buying GT Sport.

When I google it online, I see they have forms you can fill out to request a refund. Although it has to be within 14 days (perhaps that depends on the region) and if it's a game, they won't refund you if you began downloading it to your system.

How to request a Refund

To request a refund, simply fill out our contact form at https://www.playstation.com/get-help/contact-form/ and select “refund request” from the drop down list in the PlayStation Network & Account section. You’ll need to have the following to hand;

  • Your PSN Online ID
  • Your Sign-In ID (Email Address)
  • Your Date of Birth
  • The name of the purchase you would like refunded

We will process your refund request as quickly as possible, but it could take up to 72 hours for us to verify your claim.  If you have started downloading the game to your console, your request will be declined and we will notify you of this.

You may also request a refund by using the form located here. You may want to refer to the purchase confirmation email you received when you made your purchase in order to complete this form.


Here's a list of their policies for different types of content: 
https://www.playstation.com/en-in/legal/playstation-store-and-sony-entertainment-network-store-cancellation-policy/

I believe the one that applies to you is this:

Games, game add-ons, season passes, in-game consumables and PlayStation® Video titles

You can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of transaction, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming it.

Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty.

You can cancel your purchase of a season pass within 14 days from the date of transaction, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming any digital content (e.g. game add-ons) included in the season pass.

If you purchase in-game consumables on the PlayStation®Store, they will be delivered when you next launch the game, until then you will have up to 14 days from the date of transaction to cancel. If you purchase in-game consumables during gameplay, they will be delivered immediately so you will not be able to cancel the purchase. In-game consumables are items such as virtual currencies (e.g. FIFA packs or GTA Cash Packs), boosts and other items that are depleted during gameplay.

I think you can argue that yours is faulty, since it doesn't work for your game. 
These rules seem to be there to prevent abuse, such as people downloading in-game consumables, using them, and then demand a refund. But the support people you've talked to seem to interpret these rules without considering this.

I'd probably ask to speak to a manager or senior staff, but I can see why it's frustrating and exhausting to go through this over and over.
It's pretty scummy to not refund in this situation. I'd be mad too, just over the principle.

Last edited by Hiku - on 05 November 2018