More info about game mechanics! 0 0%

New music! 0 0%

ew smash 3 5.77%

Other 1 1.92%

Total:52
NightlyPoe said:
Dand said:

And what do this japanese words mean?

Hoshi means "star" I believe.  So roughly Kirby's Star?  Star of Kirby?  Someone help me out.

More importantly, it's the Japanese title of the Kirby anime from about 15 years ago.

The title of the anime was Hoshi no Kirby (or Kaabi in Japan).

Basically if you reverse the letters in the Japanese title of World of Light, it can be spelled out exactly like  this : (It doesn't come from me but here's the following)

灯火の星 is Tomoshibi no Hoshi. Right? 
If you write that backwards, you get: 
星の火灯, which can be read as follows: 

星(Hoshi) の (no) 火(ka)灯(hi -> bi)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
Dand said:

And what do this japanese words mean?

Hoshi means "star" I believe.  So roughly Kirby's Star?  Star of Kirby?  Someone help me out.

More importantly, it's the Japanese title of the Kirby anime from about 15 years ago.

Mar1217 said:
NightlyPoe said:

The title of the anime was Hoshi no Kirby (or Kaabi in Japan).

Basically if you reverse the letters in the Japanese title of World of Light, it can be spelled out exactly like  this : (It doesn't come from me but here's the following)

灯火の星 is Tomoshibi no Hoshi. Right? 
If you write that backwards, you get: 
星の火灯, which can be read as follows: 

星(Hoshi) の (no) 火(ka)灯(hi -> bi)

Not just the anime, the entire series over here is called Hoshi no Kirby, was the title of the first game too. I think that was done on purpose honestly, Kirby is the main character of Smash pretty much, he's Sakurai's baby. 

Having had a rewatch of the direct knowing whats coming, I'm a lot happier than I was watching it last night. I still couldn't care less about Ken and I don't like Incineroar as a Pokemon but the character looks really fun in Smash (I still think other Pokemon should have gotten in though). Piranha Plant looks really good though, I'm happy he's in, just such a WTF character choice; actually made me really smile, opens the door for Shy Guy and stuff in the future too. The story mode looks super good too, very keen to sink hundreds of hours into this. Revising my score for the direct up to a 7/10.

Shikamo said:

Amazing 

Kai_Mao said:
NightlyPoe said:
I'm happy enough with the game modes. The reveals were pretty meh. I didn't believe the "leak" we heard about last week at all, so I'm not surprised we didn't get half a dozen or whatever new characters. But I would have thought they'd save a big one for last instead of a Pokemon I've never heard of. They drop in Geno and people are calling this one of the best Directs ever (it wouldn't be, but whatever).

Two big things bother me though. First, the discount for the Fighters Pass over a la carte seems rather paltry and the price is rather high for not many extra characters. I don't mind paying for beefy DLC, but a handful of fighters for what will be half the price I'm paying for the full game is asking a lot and it will bother me that I won't be getting the full game.

More importantly, I think they pretty much confirmed we won't be getting dedicated servers. Which feels like it means we're in for plenty of lag.

The characters will go with a new stage and new music so I think $5.99 each is reasonable. The Fighter Pass might not give you the best deal (only about a doller less than buying all of them individually), but with the love and care Sakurai puts in the characters, I think they’re worth their value along with the new stage and new music. Remember, stages were about $2.99-3.99 on their own on Wii U/3DS.

As for dedicated servers, it probably would’ve been nice for Free for alls. However I heard dedicated servers make things worse for 1-on-1 fights as it adds input lag.

Btw, as of note, the Japanese version of Lifelight was sung by Megumi Hayashibara, who sang the opening of the Japanese version of Kirby Right Back at Ya!

Isn't the fighter pass a good six dollars less than buying all individual dlc?

NightlyPoe said:
RingoGaSuki said: 
Piranha Plant looks really good though, I'm happy he's in, just such a WTF character choice; actually made me really smile, opens the door for Shy Guy and stuff in the future too.

The Piranha Plant himself looks okay, I can't say I'm all that keen on generic baddies making their way into the game though.  Even the Mario Sports titles give us Petey Piranha who has a bit of character.  There's a massive list of characters I'd prefer to see before we get to generalized minions.

I see people keep saying this the Piranha Plant adds a style with range and trickiness kind of like Dhalsim in SF something we don't have in Smash it's not strictly about the character or who people prefer but the approach they can add, no one would have asked for Villager but he's become one of the most fun and entertaining characters in high level play.

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Kai_Mao said:

The characters will go with a new stage and new music so I think $5.99 each is reasonable. The Fighter Pass might not give you the best deal (only about a doller less than buying all of them individually), but with the love and care Sakurai puts in the characters, I think they’re worth their value along with the new stage and new music. Remember, stages were about $2.99-3.99 on their own on Wii U/3DS.

As for dedicated servers, it probably would’ve been nice for Free for alls. However I heard dedicated servers make things worse for 1-on-1 fights as it adds input lag.

Btw, as of note, the Japanese version of Lifelight was sung by Megumi Hayashibara, who sang the opening of the Japanese version of Kirby Right Back at Ya!

I mean, if you were to wait accordingly, maybe you'll find only 2 characters out of 5 that you truly want, thus paying less than the pass for what you truly want.

Mar1217 said:
MasonADC said:

I mean, if you were to wait accordingly, maybe you'll find only 2 characters out of 5 that you truly want, thus paying less than the pass for what you truly want.

Problem is if you're competitive you'd likely want to try out the characters yourself to see if you like their meta of play it's not strictly about who the character is, later on down the line you may find you like playing as the characters.

Wyrdness said:
Mar1217 said:

Problem is if you're competitive you'd likely want to try out the characters yourself to see if you like their meta of play it's not strictly about who the character is, later on down the line you may find you like playing as the characters.

Of course, it'll also depend what kind of player you are (as for myself, I'm a casual smasher). Good point though.

Some notable changes Falco's DAIR has been fixed and is now the Melee variant while Wolf's Fsamsh has had its range reduced but his Ftilt has good range and knock down.

psychicscubadiver said:
Jumpin said:

I'd agree with you if they had a robust Subspace Emissary-like story mode, but Sakurai confirmed there was nothing like it.

There's a lot of fighters and content, but... meh, Smash Bros 4 had lots of stuff too, but I felt like I had played everything it had to offer within about an hour or two.

But the world map for World of Light is huge and there looks to be a massive numbers of challenges and spirits to collect. The only thing it's missing from the subspace emissary is the walking levels and the cut-scenes, the first of which I could personally do without.

How come you get to this conclusion? From the trailer is pretty obvious that will be a story filled with cutscenes.

We reap what we sow