By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many hours a day do you spend playing video games?

How many hours a day do you spend playing video games?

Less than 30 min 6 8.96%

30 min - 1 hour 5 7.46%

1 hour - 1.5 hours 8 11.94%

1.5 - 2 hours 14 20.90%

2 - 3 hours 10 14.93%

3 - 4 hours 5 7.46%

4 - 5 hours 5 7.46%

5 - 6 hours 4 5.97%

6 - 24 hours 6 8.96%

24+ hours 4 5.97%

Total:67

I average 1.5-2 hours a day. Which means I only play for about an hour most days and then occasionally I get a day where I can play for several hours. Didn't have a day like that this week, though. My average is probably closer to 1.5 hrs per day.

Around the Network

While I am in Japan maybe 1-2 hours a day, when I am at home maybe 4-5 hours a day depending on the game.

I might have over estimated it a bit with 5 to 6 hours a day. My average for playing GT Sport is 3.5 hours a day (359 days access, 1266 total hours driving time). However on days that I play less GT Sport I play other games at night. This weekend had my favorite track on and I've had the game running most of the day. I've got a second tv in the living room for GT Sport to do the scheduled races in between other stuff or while watching tv.

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:
It's hard to say, some days I don't get ANY playtime at all, whereas others I can maybe sneak 1-2 hours, and on the rare occasion I'll get a whole 5-6 hours to myself... so where would I place my vote? :P

Yet you still haven't finished Divinity OS 1 & 2. Shame. You call yourself a gamer. Shame. You could, maybe have enough time to finish a fight it divinity in that hour and perhaps half of a conversation with an NPC. 

I've not even STARTED the first game, and I won't be doing so for a while. To tell you the truth I've not actually had time to play any games lately anyway, after finishing Spider-Man I played Horizon for a couple of hours to see if I could get into it (Another game I'm super late to play, lol), but since then I've just been super busy with other stuff, I don't think my PS4 has actually been turned on in about 2-3 weeks now, maybe even longer! All I've had is the odd game of Overwatch here and there when I'm at my computer. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
vivster said:

Oh gosh, what's the minimum amount of hours to be accepted in the elite circle of real gamers?

At least 5 a week on average. That's enough to get you through about five or six moderately sized games a year. 

Maybe I should have phrased it better, but I just meant that some people spend way more time talking about games on the internet than they do actually playing them. 

Well that's easy. I play Hearthstone on my phone every weekday on my commute which adds up to more than 5 hours. Phew, looks like I dodged the casual non-gamer bullet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Depend on what comes out. When Bo4 came out I was spending 7 hours on average but on a regular week probably 2 hours.

vivster said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

At least 5 a week on average. That's enough to get you through about five or six moderately sized games a year. 

Maybe I should have phrased it better, but I just meant that some people spend way more time talking about games on the internet than they do actually playing them. 

Well that's easy. I play Hearthstone on my phone every weekday on my commute which adds up to more than 5 hours. Phew, looks like I dodged the casual non-gamer bullet.

Phone gamers are still at the bottom of the totem pole though. ;)

Much much less than I wanted.
Actually, I can´t play every day. You know.... need to do housework, cooking, cleaning, washing etc. Housework nevers ends, and even when there´s no housework to do, I usually got home so exausted that I can´t even think about playing.
Normally, on weekdays, I play on my 3ds during commuting (about 30-40 minutes) and if I have some spare time in the night, I´d play about the same amount of time on PS4 or Switch
I can only get some good quality time of gaming on weekends, about 2 or 3 hours on Saturdays or Sundays