By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Venom 31% on RT

Roma said:

It was actually pretty fun I would give it a 7 out of 10

I'm getting this also from a bunch of youtubers. They're all saying they had a good time and enjoyed the movie, so this is a sigh of relief.

Around the Network

BOM: 'Venom' Targets $70-80M Opening; 'Star is Born' Headed Toward $42M+ Debut

Nighthawk117 said:
BOM: 'Venom' Targets $70-80M Opening; 'Star is Born' Headed Toward $42M+ Debut

Unless it drops hard on Sun, it does look like it will be off to a good start.  Though, it'll depend on the legs.  If it drops like 60%+ next week, it could still end up flopping.  This film has to do ~$250M-$300M to break even.

Nighthawk117 said:
BOM: 'Venom' Targets $70-80M Opening; ' A Star is Born' Headed Toward $42M+ Debut

Yaaaaassssssssss, that's amazing for a movie of its kind and it already broke even (the budget was 30 million).

deskpro2k3 said:
Roma said:

It was actually pretty fun I would give it a 7 out of 10

I'm getting this also from a bunch of youtubers. They're all saying they had a good time and enjoyed the movie, so this is a sigh of relief.

Yeah, most youtubers are giving it good reviews, certainly better than the professional critics that write for newspapers and websites and such. It's as I was saying earlier in the thread, professional critics are becoming increasingly irrelevant as they prove that their taste in movies is often very different than the general populace. A considerable number of people, myself included, trust youtube reviews and user reviews for movies more than they trust critic reviews.