By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Venom 31% on RT

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/venom_2018/

RT 28% 31%

Has anyone seen it? Is it good? Critics are saying it's a bad movie. I'm hoping that they're wrong.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 05 October 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I saw it yesterday, I don't get the hate. It's not perfect, but it's like a 7/10 movie.

tom hardy is worth watching

With a score like that, I am not going to see it. That’s pretty much the bottom rung of the DCFU.

Called it. Thought the teaser trailer was garbage. Then when the rest of the trailers pretty much looked exactly like the teaser, with the same scenes, that just confirmed it for me.

Around the Network

Don't trust critics, they are all purchased, biased, entitled garbage that think they are smarter than us peons.

But not one trailer for this has looked good to me, so I'll wait to see it on tv.

Last edited by irstupid - on 05 October 2018

irstupid said:
Don't trust critics, they are all purchased, biased, entitled garbage that think they are smarter than us peons.

But not one trailer for this has looked good to me, so I'll wait to see it on tv.

Fixed. Your last was a double negative. Was driving me crazy. I get what you're saying, though. 

I was really looking forward to it, but with each new trailer and tv spot, I began to notice things I didn't like, and feel like I have too good a grasp on the direction the movie will take. I felt like had already seen the entire movie 16 times, which is a common occurrence with many action/sci-fi movies that get pumped out by the big, dumb, hollywood studios. Who knows though? Having low expectations can be a good thing. I thought I'd like Spider-Man: Homecoming, but instead hated it so hard I almost bailed on the entire MCU. Not gonna worry too much about the critics.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Looks terrible and venom represents one of marvel comics most embarrassing periods so I’d avoid it like siphilis even if it was getting better reviews.

I never expected this movie to be amazing I was just hoping it'll be entertaining enough which it looks already like it so i'll be fine. Going to watch this with a group of friends soon.