By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin'en Multimedia (Fast Racing Neo/RMX) announced Art of Balance for Switch (Update)

What is their next game ?

A sequel to Fast Racing Neo/RMX 5 14.71%

New IP 16 47.06%

They finally took F-Zero ... 10 29.41%

Nothing (Just a prank !) 3 8.82%

Total:34

Shin'en needs to get better at PR. Such a game announcement is not something that you precede with an announcement of the announcement. Also:

"Look at what we've been doing for the past 18 months! Look, everyone! We used all that time to port an old game."

That doesn't make the studio look good at all. Even another Biene Maja game would have been better.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

Jet Rocket 2 for the 3ds is an enjoyable platformer.
I don´t know if it sold as well as Art of Balance or Fast RMX but... I´d like to see them working on a new game on that series.

Yeah Art of Balance port announcement was certainly anticlamatic.And this dissapointment would be easily avoidable if they had only worded their tweet more approprietly.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

An AoB port? Thumbs down.

Ich bin ein bisschen enttäuscht, Shin‘en!

Disappointed. Art of balance is a good game that I've played to death on Wii U. Was kinda hoping Shinen would try their hand at a FPS.

Around the Network

Not going to pretend like I’m a psychic and new it would be AoB, but I did hope for anything other than it and Jett Rocket. Yay, now we can play a physics puzzler that gets old in 15 minutes on the go and in HD at the same time, oh joy. Selling my WiiWare copy of the demo.

If they'd just shadow-dropped this like "hey guys, Art of Balance hits Switch tomorrow" it wouldn't be so bad; it was pretty much a given that the game would come to Switch eventually, they've ported it to everything from the 3DS to the PS4.

But hyping it up with an announcement all like "tune in tomorrow see what we've been working on since FAST RMX (18 months ago)" was a horrible move, they got people's hopes up for a new game, only to fail to deliver.

It's been nearly 3 years now since Shin'en released an actual new game. If all they've done in that time is port old shit to Switch, then shame on them.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 September 2018

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

xMetroid said:
curl-6 said:

Ugh, it's just the zillionth fucking port of Art of Balance.

Fuck you Shin'en. Fuck you.

And fuck every lazy, shitty company this generation constantly regurgitating last gen's games instead of making decent new experiences.

I agree, i think its nice that some games from Wii U gets ported since the console bombed and the game as well, but like this Indie games and all the major ports on every system this gen is just insane.

Nintendo's not the only one to do this you know. Remember how Sony put The Last of Us on PS3 AND 4?

curl-6 said:

If they'd just shadow-dropped this like "hey guys, Art of Balance hits Switch tomorrow" it wouldn't be so bad; it was pretty much a given that the game would come to Switch eventually, they've ported it to everything from the 3DS to the PS4.

But hyping it up with an announcement of "tune in tomorrow see what we've been working on since FAST RMX (18 months ago)" was a horrible move, they got people's hopes up for a new game, only to fail to deliver.

It's been nearly 3 years now since Shin'en released an actual new game. If all they've done in that time is port old shit to Switch, then shame on them.

Shame on them indeed. It just shows a lack of common sense.

The excellent third party support for Switch continues

Well, that was a thing that happened.