Forums - Sony Discussion - So I Tried a PSVR For The First Time Today..

ArchangelMadzz said:

I have started studying at university and there were a bunch of stalls for different clubs and different companies.

Here in the UK we have CEX it's exclusively for buying and selling used games, anyway there was a PSVR booth they were running and they only have Driveclub VR working so after talking to the manager (who I'd actually met a few days ago when I traded in Spiderman) I got to try it out..

Long story short, I'm buying a PSVR next week.

Do your self a favor and pickup Firewall Zero Hour by far one of the best so far.

Seconds Battlezone, RES Evil 7, Driveclub, Superhot, Wipeout Omega, Megaton Rainfall, (The Last Guardian VR-Free)

Around the Network

I like VR but my only concern and what holding me back from getting one is eye safety. Since there are no long term studies, I see you guys are the beta testers.

deskpro2k3 said:
I like VR but my only concern and what holding me back from getting one is eye safety. Since there are no long term studies, I see you guys are the beta testers.

:( Why'd you have to say it. Tis a fear of mine indeed. I've read a lot of stories about people being cured of stereoblindness and help with lazy eyes. I had a twitch in one of my eyes and it was the tad bit stiff, not lazy but not exactly working in tandem with my other eye, probably from using my phone in bed. Fixed after a few weeks playing this. 

I do fear repercussions though but it can't be much worse than a phone, especially as phones are packed with more radiation. 

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
Machiavellian said:

I tried using it for a bit in watching Netflix but in the end I stopped.  I have a 4K TV and PSVR video mode is way to low resolution to make it worthwhile.

If you hook your headset into the headphone port and have social screen on you can avial of the surround sound even though, you won't get the full effect. Not sure if it works with 4k though or the old breakout box.

I may try that.  I already use a nice headset with my Tv in order to not keep the misses up at night.