By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2’s October stage will be the final one that will be added

As promised, Nintendo is still adding more content to Splatoon 2. The game is getting yet another stage in early October, but sadly, Nintendo has confirmed that this will be the final one to be added.

Splatoon 2 won’t be finished with new content next month, however. The game will still be receiving new weapons until December. Also, Splatfests will continue until July 2019.

Source 1 and 2

Last edited by Shikamo - on 16 September 2018

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

All I have to say is thankyou for 2 years of free DLC. Hopefully Nintendo releases a "Complete" Edition with the Octo expansion, and all updates on a single cart. I'd doubledip for that.

And yet still no lobby mini-games like in the first Splatoon. What the hell Nintendo!?

WTF! I get the stages! But why would they stop Splatfest next year? Why? That is too early! Especially if they are going add some changes to it.

If its because of the New Splatdest stages they add, then they can just reuse some old ones because some of them are better than some of the official ones.....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This makes me sad since it means that one of my favorite maps from Splatoon 1 (Saltspray Rig) won't be coming back like the other maps did :(

Last edited by Vini256 - on 15 September 2018

Around the Network

So splatoon 3 in 2020 likely?

Jranation said:
WTF! I get the stages! But why would they stop Splatfest next year? Why? That is too early! Especially if they are going add some changes to it.

If its because of the New Splatdest stages they add, then they can just reuse some old ones because some of them are better than some of the official ones.....

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Splatoon is a 2 games per console kind of title ...

Kerotan said:

I don't think so. I'd imagine the third will launch with the next device. I believe the Splatoon team also does Animal Crossing? If so they will have their hands full making a game that meets the demand of us AC obsessors lol.

Dulfite said:
Kerotan said:

I don't think so. I'd imagine the third will launch with the next device. I believe the Splatoon team also does Animal Crossing? If so they will have their hands full making a game that meets the demand of us AC obsessors lol.

Fair enough if they are making ac

I don't think it is the exact same team but Nintendo probably wants them to work on other projects. They can't keep treating it as a game as services title when the only additional revenue is the Octo Expansion DLC.

I would wager on Splatoon 3 being the next device as well, but I can't see Nintendo being quite with the franchise for too long so a spinoff is likely.