By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic adds "Must-Play Game" badge to 90+ games

Is this a good development?

Yes, this is a positive thing for consumers. 11 35.48%

No, this will negatively impact developers. 15 48.39%

Maybe. 5 16.13%

Total:31

Metacritic should give everything under 90 an Avoid badge to please the fanboys.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
OTBWY said:

Bashed? I did not.

Prove it.  You have to say "Atelier is the Awsummest of the Centuree!" while spinning in a circle.  10X.  Now!

It sucks. Now I rather bash it.

RolStoppable said:
LivingMetal said:

Prove it.  You have to say "Atelier is the Awsummest of the Centuree!" while spinning in a circle.  10X.  Now!

And then he has to invite us to tea and cookies, and we'll be talking about how cute little Punis are.

I do not acknowledge Atelier or any Puni.

I see nothing good coming out of this. It will only create more toxicity among gamers who solely rely on Metacritic to inflate their egos on their sole choice of consoles.

"My console has 23 'must-play badges' while yours has only 15, therefore, my platform is superior than yours."

I thought the simple green, yellow and red were clear indicators of what games to buy or avoid. Everyone knows that any game 90 or higher display high levels of quality and it's worthy of playing. There's no need for a "Fresh" badge a la Rotten Tomatoes.

More 95 is platinum badge.

More 90 is gold .

More 85 is silver.

More 80 is bronze.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 13 September 2018

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

More 90 is gold .

More 85 is silver.

More 80 is bronze.

This is a better idea than what Metacritic came up with.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

More 90 is platinum badge.

More 80 is gold .

More 70 is silver.

More 60 is bronze.

Looks way better now.

I don't want to see games in the 70's fall into obscurity just because it didn't received better reviews than 7/10 or 8/10 for the most part, which are still freaking good scores if I ever saw one.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

More 90 is gold .

More 85 is silver.

More 80 is bronze.

You are Japanese, so it should be more like:

More 95 is S-rank.
More 90 is A-rank.
More 85 is B-rank.
More 80 is C-rank.

Below 80 is どくろ