By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 is the BOTW Sequel You Wanted

How is a turnbased RPG similar to BotW?

Around the Network

contestgamer said: 
Hiku said:

Someone said that Monster Hunter was a Breath of the Wild clone the other day here on these forums.
And now I hear that DQ11 is a spiritual sequel to BOTW.

Is this an elaborate gag/meme to compare everything to BOTW?
This is a turn based rpg that loads up a battle sequence when you encounter enemies, and you fight by selecting commands. I don't see the resemblance.

Again, you point out the one difference, being the turn based battle system. But that's about where the differences end, everything else adds up to give an incredibly similar vibe to BOTW. 

But you didn’t say anything about how they’re similar.

Aside from both having ’towns’, ’music’, ’enemies’ and ’a world’.

Can’t think of any game that doesn’t have music. Most games have enemies and a world. And adventure/rpg’s usually have towns.

Bandorr said:
Hiku said:

Someone said that Monster Hunter was a Breath of the Wild clone the other day here on these forums.
And now I hear that DQ11 is a spiritual sequel to BOTW.

Is this an elaborate gag/meme to compare everything to BOTW?
This is a turn based rpg that loads up a battle sequence when you encounter enemies, and you fight by selecting commands. I don't see the resemblance.

That "someone" is the same person that created this thread. They also made another really strange comparison..

Oh right God of war (2018) and Chrono trigger.

Ok that may explain a few things...

Last edited by Hiku - on 06 September 2018

Yeah, no. You you gotta take that back. I don't want that thing anywhere near the masterpiece that DQ11 is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.