By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K19 is now Switch’s biggest game (memory that game takes)

Ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why bother with this game? It would fill up an entire Switch's inner memory and still need more space to function. Is optimization such a big problem nowadays? BotW and Mario Odyssey need way less to function.

You can get a 256gb SD card now for £61 which can store this game rather easily, and sure.... it's huge but then on PS4 you have the likes of Doom (73GB) Infinite warfare (95GB) or Black Ops 3 (101GB) any one of which eats up almost 1/5th of the base model PS4 storage.

Games are bigger now, so is storage and download speeds, a lot of people will "bother" with games this size and far larger.

Yes, but that's another thing. Do they even bother with optimization? Doom on Switch is barely 14 gb, do the other versions need that much space to make it work? And that one is not even the biggest offender by far, games that need more than 100gb are criminal, what happened to optimization? How long is it going to take until we get the first 1tb videogame?

Also, this makes physical games an even better prospect, you'd think game companies would want to make digital as appealing as possible, but with sizes like those, it's the opposite.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

If they're using a 32GB cart why have a download at all? 31.5GB would fit entirely on the cart.

Do third parties have some kind of jerk clause where they must always find a way to screw the consumer?

But if this is like most flash memories... those "32gb" would actually be like 29-30.

curl-6 said:
SKMBlake said:
Someone have to explain this to me then:

Why do we have to download 32Go data with the physical version ?

Ugh, knew I was expecting too much of a third party to show a modicum of respect for consumers. 

Hang on so let me get this straight.

They selling a 32gb cart that is empty (well maybe title screen) and it requires you to download a 32gb games that would fit the cart?

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Ugh, knew I was expecting too much of a third party to show a modicum of respect for consumers. 

Hang on so let me get this straight.

They selling a 32gb cart that is empty (well maybe title screen) and it requires you to download a 32gb games that would fit the cart?

I don't get it either. Curiuos to know what's up with this one.

I have made it a hard rule for myself, that I won't buy any game that requires a download to finish the game.

I have 25 Nintendo Switch
games installed, patched, save files, etc. right now and that has only used about 12.3 GBs (only 1 of them is an e-shop game).

I don't even own a micro SD card at this point.

Each year the Nintendo Switch Game Cards are going to get bigger and cheaper for publishers, so that should help things as well.

The real deterrent for me is that my Nintendo Switch does not like my Wifi at all, so I only go online with it once every 2 or 3 months for patches and updates (IMO, even 10 minutes is quite a while to dedicate to downloading patches). I have to set my Nintendo Switch in the corner on some boxes, and it usually takes 7 to 10 tries to connect to Wifi for some unknown reason. (it stays connected pretty well once it does as long as I don't move it outside of that small 2 foot wide area)

That said, I have really enjoyed the Nintendo Switch as an offline device. Kind of reminds me of the good old GameCube days.

Good Times.

:)

Around the Network

That rumores128 gb switch can't come soon enough.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I don't get how a game can have a 5gb save file.

What is all being saved. And in that sense, how long does it take to save. We talking like 30 seconds of waiting while it saves.

Darwinianevolution said:
Why bother with this game? It would fill up an entire Switch's inner memory and still need more space to function. Is optimization such a big problem nowadays? BotW and Mario Odyssey need way less to function.

High res textures and audio files. These take the majority of space in most games.

Don't at me if I'm wrong.

flashfire926 said:

You dont need 128GB Switch model, just buy 128GB Micro SD card, you can buy it for around $20, that's definitely much cheaper price difference than for rumored 128GB Switch would be.

Miyamotoo said:
flashfire926 said:

You dont need 128GB Switch model, just buy 128GB Micro SD card, you can buy it for around $20, that's definitely much cheaper price difference than for rumored 128GB Switch would be.

Isn't the rumored price for the 128gb switch still $300? That would mean it would save the consumers the extra cost. Yes I know 20 dollars is miniscule, but it's still a extra cost. Someone can buy Golf Story or Hollow Knight instead for that money.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.