By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA GeForce Gaming Celebration “#BeForTheGame”

Thinking of upgrading my GPU, guess I'll wait a little longer, these prices are insane.

Around the Network

the only wow i got from this is the price.

waiting for AMD. i have bought nvidia cards for years and never looked back. but they need some competition bc this is shit tier.

shikamaru317 said:

I hope not. Only AMD can offer a big CPU upgrade and a mid-range GPU in the same chipset for a good price for next gen imo. Going with a separate CPU and GPU would complicate cooling, be expensive, and ruin backwards compatibility if they went with Nvidia + Intel instead of AMD + AMD. 

Yes maybe so, but if the rumours are true about MS going full Cloud streaming for there base model which will offer as much power as there top tier console, Xbox can release there premium console with what ever they want in it which we all expect it to be expensive. 

As for Nintendo, they already went Nvidia and Sony well, AMD works for them but I much rather prefer Nvidia over AMD and I am one customer happy to pay the difference. 

Kirin_gaming said:
Peh said:

Let's see what Nvidia got in store for PC gaming. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Hopefully they are far more powerful. I guess we will see the result on the stream today.

supposedly the RTX2060=GTX1080, so yeah it's a decent improvement.

According to this leak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms7HQ7rckpA
there will be no RTX2060 but rather a GTX 2060 with no enhanced ray tracing capabilities over the GTX 10** series.
It shoulb be around 27% faster than GTX 1060 and around 7% slower than the GTX 1070.

Not certain it's true but looking at the video and regarding recent Nvidia announcements it looks like a pretty solid leak for now.

The GTX 460 - back then in 2010, that was the full mid-range Fermi 104 chip - retailed for $229.

More recently, the GTX 970, a cut down Maxwell 104 of similar size, retailed for $329.

The GTX 1070, $499.

And now the RTX 1070, for $599.

True enough, the price of the milimiter squared has gone up for computer chips with die shrinks. But they haven't gone up like a bubble. Neither have Nvidia's R&D expenses.

Welcome to Nvidia's GeForce Milking Celebration.

Around the Network

Geforce 2080 Ti struggles to maintain FPS at only 1080P whilst Ray Tracing.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13261/hands-on-with-the-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-realtime-raytracing

If Ray Tracing is what you are interested in, then give these cards a skip, the 3080 Ti should offer a substantial upgrade along with the substantial smaller fabrication process.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

According to Nvidia, the 2080 is 50 % faster in rendering games in 4k than a 1080.
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/22/17769122/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-performance-benchmarks-games

Edit: Both 2070 and 2080 are now sold out on the Nvidia page in Germany. Scalpers are selling them on eBay for ridiculous prices. For example: RTX 2080 TI FE for 1899€. 

Last edited by Peh - on 23 August 2018

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Ahh Scalpers, land of the free, where anyone can sell anything and get their cake as well. I wish scalpers were blocked from selling items at more than the price they paid for.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Peh said:

According to Nvidia, the 2080 is 50 % faster in rendering games in 4k than a 1080.
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/22/17769122/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-performance-benchmarks-games

Edit: Both 2070 and 2080 are now sold out on the Nvidia page in Germany. Scalpers are selling them on eBay for ridiculous prices. For example: RTX 2080 TI FE for 1899€. 

...Where did I put that damn salt?

In all seriousness, I hope so, I just find it difficult to believe.

Bandwidth only increased by 27% in real terms, so unless nVidia have enhanced their Delta Colour Compression or Culling algorithms, then 27% is the maximum performance gain we will see in bandwidth constrained scenarios.

Texture Fillrate only increased by 10%.

Pixel Fillrate decreased by 8.7%

Single and Double precision compute only increased by 10%.

Still only early days yet though, those are only the raw numbers... So nVidia might have done something else that we simply aren't aware of yet.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Here is more on the Battlefield 5 RTX demonstration. They say that with RTX on it runs at 60 FPS. I'm not certain at what resolution they do, but I go with Full HD. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7lL3E2LVc

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3