By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA GeForce Gaming Celebration “#BeForTheGame”

shikamaru317 said:

*snip*

2070 was also announced for $600 (Founder's Edition), but can't find specs for it yet. 

Trumpstyle said:

I don't know others opinions yet but it's just looking bad. The Teraflops number on the geforce 2080 is lower than 1080 ti and more expensive :) so we might actually see a performance/$ price increase. Same with geforce 2070, it has lower teraflops number than 1080 but similiar pricing. Unless Nvidia has some done some nice architecture changes to increase performance on every teraflops this is looking bad.

The ray-tracing stuff we just don't know about yet. From my experience with nvidia graphics effects is they always tank performance bad, even if you get decent average frame-rate, minimun frame-rate sucks. You always turn it off.

Let me tell you, before Pemalite comes and tries to explain it for the hundreth time, that FLOPS are NOT a real world measure to gauge the performance of a GPU.

The 2070 will probably be faster than the 1080Ti, so you can be sure that the 2080 will blow it out of the water.

Another thing is the price/performance ratio, but without real competition on the high end, they can price their cards however they want.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Trumpstyle said:

I don't know others opinions yet but it's just looking bad. The Teraflops number on the geforce 2080 is lower than 1080 ti and more expensive :) so we might actually see a performance/$ price increase. Same with geforce 2070, it has lower teraflops number than 1080 but similiar pricing. Unless Nvidia has some done some nice architecture changes to increase performance on every teraflops this is looking bad.

The ray-tracing stuff we just don't know about yet. From my experience with nvidia graphics effects is they always tank performance bad, even if you get decent average frame-rate, minimun frame-rate sucks. You always turn it off.

Let me tell you, before Pemalite comes and tries to explain it for the hundreth time, that FLOPS are NOT a real world measure to gauge the performance of a GPU.

The 2070 will probably be faster than the 1080Ti, so you can be sure that the 2080 will blow it out of the water.

Another thing is the price/performance ratio, but without real competition on the high end, they can price their cards however they want.

You missed the bolded part I guess? There's a reason Nvidia didn't show game performance, you can probably figure out why :)

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Next gen consoles will be a while yet, no game I play will struggle.

Trumpstyle said:
JEMC said:

You missed the bolded part I guess? There's a reason Nvidia didn't show game performance, you can probably figure out why :)

Given that we're talking about a new architecture called Turing, something that we've known for a while, that's something that was obvious from the start.

And yet, you still made that comment complaining about the Flops, so I had to make my comment.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I feel that RTX is nvidia's i9 segment.

Around the Network
Kirin_gaming said:
Peh said:

Let's see what Nvidia got in store for PC gaming. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Hopefully they are far more powerful. I guess we will see the result on the stream today.

supposedly the RTX2060=GTX1080, so yeah it's a decent improvement.

I don't see how?

Random_Matt said:
I'll wait for AMD, not paying Nvidia prices anymore, my 1060 is still good in the meantime.

Same in the mid-range.

But high-end and low-end are locked down by nVidia sadly.

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same. This GPU gen looks lazy to me. Prices are going up relative to 10 series on release, but the tflop improvements over 10 series are only like 20% over the previous gen counterparts. Sure tflops don't necessarily equal in-game performance, but it's disappointing none-the-less. I think this might be the smallest 3 year improvement yet in the GPU field. Here's hoping AMD catches Nvidia with their pants down with Navi next year. 

Flops are theoretical, not real world.

Navi is just an iterative update to Graphics Core Next, I wouldn't be holding your breath on that one.
AMD's Next Gen is when things should start to get interesting, hopefully.

Barkley said:

So... how much of an improvement will these cards be in games that don't use ray-tracing.

Probably roughly the same kind of improvement we see with every new GPU release.

Need to wait on legitimate benchmarks though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Is it or not a huge leap?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

RTX 2070 FE already sold out in Germany.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I really hope consoles go back with Nvidia, there such a quality brand. Nintendo did it and MS might consider it since there recent relationship with Nintendo and the Switch, that would also make porting easier for Nintendo and Xbox. Plus Nvidia might suprise us with a budget card comparable with AMDs next gen card, hoping.
The real deal is the 11 Series cards, there going to blow my mind, i am in love with my GTX1080 and it does everything i need it for, i can only imagine how good the next model is, even if its a small jump, any jump from an already overpowered GPU is a good thing.

Peh said:
RTX 2070 FE already sold out in Germany.

At such ridiculous price?! There was either a low quantity of cards on sale or people are have more money than brains.