By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA GeForce Gaming Celebration “#BeForTheGame”

Radek said:

PNY leak shows RTX 2080 Ti will cost around 1000$ and RTX 2080 around 800$

Boy, I hope not. Last rumors/leaks I saw were in the $600 range, which I'd be willing to swallow. I guess we'll see soon.

Around the Network

Ok, it actually started now.

One hour later...

I'll wait for AMD, not paying Nvidia prices anymore, my 1060 is still good in the meantime.

Any details on the new cards?

Around the Network

Right some details now the 8000 is overkill and Nvidia just having fun.

There is no game that I'm interested in that can't be played on my nine sixty on high+ settingz

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I don't know others opinions yet but it's just looking bad. The Teraflops number on the geforce 2080 is lower than 1080 ti and more expensive :) so we might actually see a performance/$ price increase. Same with geforce 2070, it has lower teraflops number than 1080 but similiar pricing. Unless Nvidia has some done some nice architecture changes to increase performance on every teraflops this is looking bad.

The ray-tracing stuff we just don't know about yet. From my experience with nvidia graphics effects is they always tank performance bad, even if you get decent average frame-rate, minimun frame-rate sucks. You always turn it off.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

So... how much of an improvement will these cards be in games that don't use ray-tracing.

Random_Matt said:
I'll wait for AMD, not paying Nvidia prices anymore, my 1060 is still good in the meantime.

Enjoy the long wait to 2021, maybe even 2022, and even then we've yet to wonder if they will either be above or even at Nvidia's level of price/performance by then.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"