Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2018: The New England Patriots win Super Bowl LIII

Who Will Win Super Bowl LIII?

Saints 5 21.74%

Chiefs 2 8.70%

Rams 3 13.04%

Patriots 9 39.13%

Cowboys 2 8.70%

Chargers 1 4.35%

Eagles 1 4.35%

Colts 0 0.00%

Total:23
alternine said:
MTZehvor said:

I'm having difficulty myself telling if this response is serious or not.

Owners are (for better or for worse, often worse) involved just as much with the team as much of the executive staff. Whether it's through hiring upper level staff like head coaches and GMs, deciding where the team should play, attempting to get the funding necessary to build a new stadium. The point isn't that an owner is out there actually playing on the field, but conversely, you don't have to be there out on the field in order to have a vested interest in a team winning.

So 1 rotten apple spoils the bunch huh. And people wonder why the Patriots fanbase is hated lol

I mean, people hated the Heat in the early 2010s pretty much exclusively because of Lebron. Popular opinion recently began to root against the Warriors in large part of Kevin Durant's move there. It wouldn't be difficult to make a case that much of the dislike that exists for the Cowboys is largely due to Jerry Jones. So...yes, one person can make an organization immensely more hate-able.

The only difference is that those people were just viewed as acting "cowardly" or being generally annoying. Kroenke single handily screwed over a city's economy, destroyed the financial well being of dozens of families, and his actions ultimately led to someone committing suicide. I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike a team for that line of logic.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
alternine said:

So 1 rotten apple spoils the bunch huh. And people wonder why the Patriots fanbase is hated lol

I mean, people hated the Heat in the early 2010s pretty much exclusively because of Lebron. Popular opinion recently began to root against the Warriors in large part of Kevin Durant's move there. It wouldn't be difficult to make a case that much of the dislike that exists for the Cowboys is largely due to Jerry Jones. So...yes, one person can make an organization immensely more hate-able.

The only difference is that those people were just viewed as acting "cowardly" or being generally annoying. Kroenke single handily screwed over a city's economy, destroyed the financial well being of dozens of families, and his actions ultimately led to someone committing suicide. I don't think it's unreasonable to dislike a team for that line of logic.

I knew a Cowboys fanatic who would spend thousands of dollars on Cowboys merchandise a year, but stopped supporting them because of Jerry Jones. He said something along the lines of "Jerry Jones took the legend that was the Dallas Cowboys and turn them into a joke". He wasn't completely wrong, but I still root for them.

Apparently neither the Pats nor the Rams are popular teams...

KLAMarine said:
Apparently neither the Pats nor the Rams are popular teams...

Patriots and Rams are in the top 5 regarding their net worth.

I hope the score stays at 3-0.

Around the Network

Remember when it was tradition that somebody made a separate Super Bowl thread despite the NFL thread's existence? This time around we got one whole Snoopy post for the Super Bowl. Goes to show how much disinterest there is.

Anyway, the predictions for the Super Bowl.

MTZehvor - Patriots by 7
Carl - Patriots by 10

Saints got robbed by the refs, so this season was hot garbage.

EDIT: Zuerlein loves Carl. Carl wins the Super Bowl.

I might as well watch Serie A considering how the NFL plays out. And I definitely won't watch Serie A.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 03 February 2019

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Tom Brady seems like such a stand-up guy.

Well that was ugly for a while, but the Pats finally got it into gear in the fourth.

Congrats to Carl on winning the postseason league. I'll update the bracket predictions after I come down from Cloud 9.

Any Saints fans here? Are you happy?

RolStoppable said:

Remember when it was tradition that somebody made a separate Super Bowl thread despite the NFL thread's existence? This time around we got one whole Snoopy post for the Super Bowl. Goes to show how much disinterest there is.

Anyway, the predictions for the Super Bowl.

MTZehvor - Patriots by 7
Carl - Patriots by 10

Saints got robbed by the refs, so this season was hot garbage.

EDIT: Zuerlein loves Carl. Carl wins the Super Bowl.

I might as well watch Serie A considering how the NFL plays out. And I definitely won't watch Serie A.

Was gonna make one but I remembered this thread.

Anway i enjoyed the game. Lots of good defensive plays. I'm happy that Brady got his 6th win too.