By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Democrats Vote To Give Trump Obscene $717 Billion Mílítary Budget

Montenegro might attack Russia. That is our biggest fear.
We need the US to stop montengro from doing so.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

-CraZed- said:
melbye said:

Well, someone has to pay for the defense of Norway and the rest of NATO

Thank you.

Probably i who should thank you and all tax-payer Americans

KLAMarine said:
Mar1217 said:

So, achieving world peace while spending more on their defense budget ... that's counter-intuitive.

It is by the threat of force that peace is maintained.

Mar1217 said:

100B that could have served better in the hands of their people, but nah I digress.

I'm pretty sure we spend more on other things outside of defense. I think we spend most on social security.

Kerotan said:

We'd be much better off if they were employed in another industry. Shocking amount of money wasted on weapons. 

I think some of those weapons are eventually sold to NATO allies so it's not a total waste. Also, better safe than sorry!

Better safe then sorry? You have thousands of nukes. Nobody is fucking with you. Again an absolutely shocking waste of money that would be better spent elsewhere. Why not invest 200bn in a deprived city like detroit for example. In America your governments value pointless arms races over your poorest citizens. Fucked up situation. 

Ka-pi96 said:
KLAMarine said:

I can't help but think back to the years prior to WW2. What if Britain and France had exercised greater force against Nazi Germany as Hitler was tearing apart the Treaty of Versailles?

Then WW2 may have started sooner.

Besides, what if the Allies had exercised less force against Germany in the treaty of Versailles in the first place, ever think of that?

The Treaty of Versaille was an example of ACTUAL force. This is different from a THREAT of force.

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

It is by the threat of force that peace is maintained.

I'm pretty sure we spend more on other things outside of defense. I think we spend most on social security.

I think some of those weapons are eventually sold to NATO allies so it's not a total waste. Also, better safe than sorry!

Better safe then sorry? You have thousands of nukes. Nobody is fucking with you. Again an absolutely shocking waste of money that would be better spent elsewhere. Why not invest 200bn in a deprived city like detroit for example.

I think Detroit already gets some federal money depending on need and such. https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/06/01/blight-fight-federal-funds/85262372/

Kerotan said: 

In America your governments value pointless arms races over your poorest citizens. Fucked up situation. 

US spending seems to value society more than defense... https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/united_states_federal_spending_pie_chart

Eagle367 said:
Aeolus451 said:

You have to consider the role the US military. It functions as a security force for all of North America, South Korea, Japan, EU, etc. It's easy to be snarky about US defense spending when your own country doesn't have to spend much due to the US protecting your shit and maintaining world peace.

"Maintaining world peace" hahaha 😂🤣 The US has destroyed world peace time and again and destroyed my area's piece for the last 4 decades. The US isn't a global peace keeper. It's more a global terrorist creator. If your stupid asses were out of Africa and the middle East, maybe you could slash that obscene budget in half and still easily defend your allies

Maybe I should of said our world peace instead. 😸

If your country didn't do stuff like hide Bin Laden, maybe just maybe...

Around the Network

America the holder of World peace? What saving us all from the evil Chinese and russians? Please. Go visit these countries and you'll see they are more peaceful then the USA. I like America but let's not be delusional here. Spending so much on defense is ridiculous when the super powers all have nukes. There's no threat of large scale conflict. How about America starts paying its debt instead of building more weapons

I'm okay with military spending if it's for technology. Internet, Commerical Airlines, Microwaves, GPS, ect was thanks to military spending regarding technology. I don't like spending money on useless wars, however.

We should figure out ways to lower taxes and make our country more attractive for investors so we can steal all the billionaires from our enemies. That way our enemies won't have as much money to spend on their military and eventually crumble.

Pemalite said:
Jon-Erich said:

Thank you for posting this. This is what a lot of people don't get. The majority of the US's defense spending comes from oversees costs. Personally, I don't think the US should be the world's policemen anymore. Maybe during the immediate post-WWII years, there was a reason for it and even throughout the Cold War, but there isn't anymore. The Commies aren't coming to take over and the Russians aren't the Soviet Union anymore despite what some people would like to think. The thing is some of these countries get real pissy when the US asks them step up their own defense. They're asking this in order to relieve the American taxpayer.

Allot of countries also pay the USA in Billions of dollars every year in their mutual defense agreement... I mean, trump has only whinged about that how many times?

In regards to some countries... The USA has bases in Australia because they are trying to counter China, we also give you a ton of support with information, infrastructure, food, fuel, air-space... And we even help train your military... And we are also the USA's main conduit into the area, it's of a strategic importance. - So we are SAVING you money.

We don't actually need you here, you can't actually invade and control all of Australia successfully, regardless of what movies might try and say otherwise.

I would imagine the same is applicable for a ton of other nations as well.

But u need to admitted US are Australian allies and both need each other unless u one get threatened by CCP . So you don't have any choice at the moment because Trumps is the US President and his cabinet are opposing China. And also Australia also bough many F-35 from US. 

Im going into the Military (trying) soon and they cant spend this else where? Plenty of other places that could use some overhauls.

Ka-pi96 said:
Snoopy said:

I'm okay with military spending if it's for technology. Internet, Commerical Airlines, Microwaves, GPS, ect was thanks to military spending regarding technology. I don't like spending money on useless wars, however.

We should figure out ways to lower taxes and make our country more attractive for investors so we can steal all the billionaires from our enemies. That way our enemies won't have as much money to spend on their military and eventually crumble.

That... doesn't make any sense at all.

What doesn't make sense. Many companies and millionaires/billionaires invest their money or have their "corporate" headquarters in some country that has low taxes. Those countries are making money hand over fist doing nothing but simply having lower taxes.

If the U.S. lowered it's corporate tax rate, then some of those companies would come to the U.S. or not leave the U.S.

There is another thread right now about how Apple is worth a trillion dollars now. I'm not sure on them right now, but I do know they used to do that very thing. Keep their "headquarters" basically in another country so that they paid very little taxes in the US. So because of our high corporate tax rate, we are missing out on the tax of a trillion dollars.