By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan’s top 100 best-selling games of 2018 by Famitsu

zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:
Anyone do the totals? For example # PS4 and Switch and total SW sold so far.

PS4-4,909,125

NSW-4,085,068

3DS-915,477

Vita-364,676

MHW a full ~40% of PS4 SW, though I thought it would be a higher % in all honesty.

Around the Network

It pains me to see 1-2 Switch above anything. Please stop buying that game, people.

Looking at the list, I wished that the Switch would be more successful with third party games.

KLAMarine said:
It pains me to see 1-2 Switch above anything. Please stop buying that game, people.

Different strokes for different folks.

XD84 said:
Looking at the list, I wished that the Switch would be more successful with third party games.

I think having very late ports aren't doing them much favors. Outside of a few exceptions, Nintendo's third party lineup mostly consists of ports. Hopefully, Octopath Traveler, SMT V, and Bayonetta 3 can show that there is success to be had on Switch as long as you make a solid product and put in the effort to advertise.

It's too bad Blaz Blue Cross Tag Team Battle didn't do as well on Switch as PS4, though even then that game was a bit sketchy due to the DLC debacle, as well as the solid, but not really spectacular reviews. Plus, it's a fighting game. Other than Tekken and Smash Bros., fighting games appear to not have as great of an appeal as they used nowadays.

Does this include digital or only physical?

Around the Network
think-man said:

Only physical, otherwise MHW would be 2.8m+

Farsala said:
think-man said:

Only physical, otherwise MHW would be 2.8m+

Ahh, I really wish we could have proper tracking of both. Physical only paints a grim picture picture of the state of sales over there.

Super_Boom said:
Valkyria Chronicles 4 only did 60k? I assumed it would be higher, I thought it was a semi-big franchise there. Hopefully it does better in the west.

Had no idea that Gintama game already came out...some interesting stuff here.

Some people might actually be holding off for the switch version. I mean, have you seen disgaea 5 sales for the switch despite the PS4 version being like 3 years old?!

KLAMarine said:

Shouldnt you say: Please buy other games as well, people.

Never understood why someone wishes games to be less successful.

Nier Automata really close to 400k retail sales yaaAssss.