By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

twintail said:
Blood_Tears said:

I would assume Naughty Dog will have factions ready for 2023 as well. Also, I never know what Media Molecule is doing. I hope they release an actual game this decade. 

As much as I'd love something new from MM, I think they need to focus on Dreams and expanding it's core features and demographic. It definitely needs more PS5 feature usage, a PC release, and PSVR2 support. The game has a lot of love from its dedicated audience, but they need to find ways to make it more attractive.

I secretly hope for remasters of Sunset Overdrive and Bloodborne. 

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO PLAY SUNSET OVERDRIVE!!!!! That game was criminally underrated and one of, if not the most, fun I had playing a video game last generation! When I was playing Spider-Man, you can tell a lot of the movement and traversal was inspired from Sunset Overdrive, which also seemed to have been inspired by Jet Set Radio. One of my favorite games of all time. But every aspect of the game screams creativity and you'll never not have a smile on your face.

I was very distraught when I read how poorly the game sold, even though sales figures were never officially announced. This game deserves new life as well as a sequel! On a side note, it was a nice touch in R&C Rift Apart where instead of collecting bolts, you could collect OverCharge soda cans

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

I would assume Naughty Dog will have factions ready for 2023 as well. Also, I never know what Media Molecule is doing. I hope they release an actual game this decade. 

I'm leaning towards Factions being revealed next year with a release sometime in 2024. I would imagine a beta will be open to the public shortly after its reveal.

Media Molecule is definitely another wildcard. I can see them announcing a PS5 version of Dreams at the showcase, that would include co-op/ multiplayer, potentially with new single player content, while it drops on PS+ Extra with a PC port simultaneously, giving the game one more shot in the arm to succeed.

If Media Molecule is going to have a presence at the showcase that doesn't include Dreams, I would imagine it would be a smaller AA project, but I do expect them to have another AAA project out by the end of this generation. I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the developers who are releasing a live service game by 2026. 

After 80+ hours of playtime, I'm so close to getting the platinum trophy for Ni Nu Kuni 2, just a few more hours of grinding before I attain it!

Going to start FF9 remastered right after.

With Embracer not so subtly nudging that one of their AAA games has transitioned studios and they're not expecting delays, I do wonder if the KOTOR Remake could make an appearance at the Disney & Marvel games showcase that's happening on September 9th. Lucasfilm Games will be there.

The last update there was before Schreier wrote the report of Aspyr's struggles, Embracer said back around May that we would hear more about the game "in the next several months." We are definitely around that time period. So whether it's the Disney & Marvel games showcase, or a PlayStation showcase, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more KOTOR Remake shown off. If that little nudge was indeed in reference to the KOTOR Remake at all lol.

the-pi-guy said:

I'm at 65 hours for Dark Souls 3.
About halfway done with the really sucky part of the grind.

Then it's fairly straightforward for the Platinum. Just have to finish the game two more times and find a few items. I'm well on my way to reach my goal for getting the platinum for all the Souls games (probably excluding Sekiro, which isn't quite the same, but I know people often tie it together) this year.
Done:
Bloodborne
Dark Souls
Elden Ring

Not done:
Dark Souls 3 //like 80% done
Dark Souls 2 //like 70% done
Demons Souls //like 50% done

Cheerin' you on from over here!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I'm about 50+ hours on my ps5 play of Yakuza 7 on the worse part of the grind for the double platinum.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

I didn't want to do Horizon FW because I still have Zero Dawn on my shelf waiting to be played. But, the Horizon bundle was the only PS5 available, so I didn't really have a say in the matter. On the bright side, the free shipping is automatic if you have PSPlus, so I didn't have to buy another game.

Integrade is on PSPlus premium which I plan to get at some point. I already played 7R. Liked it, but not enough to play it again yet, but if I can just do the DLC stuff, maybe I will.

Gotcha, so R&C is really the best one available over there for you. Sackboy is quite cool as well.

Probably not gonna get any games for a while, cause I have a huge backlog on the systems I already have. Those games interest me, but they'll be cheaprer/on PS Plus when I finally finish everything.

JWeinCom said:
DonFerrari said:

Gotcha, so R&C is really the best one available over there for you. Sackboy is quite cool as well.

Probably not gonna get any games for a while, cause I have a huge backlog on the systems I already have. Those games interest me, but they'll be cheaprer/on PS Plus when I finally finish everything.

I really can't disagree with this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

May just be a bad time, but PS5 downloads seem fucking slow. Trying to download miles morales, and so far it is under 300 mb downloaded and will take 30+ hours to complete. After starting that, I started downloading Kirby's dream buffet, which is 1.1 gb, and thats been done for a few minutes now.

JWeinCom said:

May just be a bad time, but PS5 downloads seem fucking slow. Trying to download miles morales, and so far it is under 300 mb downloaded and will take 30+ hours to complete. After starting that, I started downloading Kirby's dream buffet, which is 1.1 gb, and thats been done for a few minutes now.

That's news to me. My PS4 downloads were relatively slow, but my PS5 downloads have been fairly fast. Hundreds of mbps and no more than an hour per game.