By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

gtotheunit91 said:

My god, can you imagine if GoW Ragnarok, Starfield, and Breath of the Wild 2 all came out around the same time period as originally intended??? Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is already going to be a MAJOR November release. 20 million in sales easily I imagine, but I can't imagine if all these major games released at the same time.

For the best though!

They don't really compete, but if all three came on same month and there were enough stock of HW and good BF bundles it would be something mind blowing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Which PlayStation studio(s) do you think are ready for a reveal at the next showcase? I have to say:

Guerrilla Games (second team)
Bluepoint
Insomniac
Team Asobi
PixelOpus

Third Party:

Firewalk
Arrowhead

Not putting direct blame towards PlayStation for this since it's honestly out of their hands with a single studios movies, but, this does set a dangerous precedent for the inevitable all-digital future we're heading towards. I can't imagine outright buying a digital good like movies/tv shows on a platforms service, only to have it completely removed despite me having outright purchased the title. No mention of potential refunds either, but, that's a lot of movies that will disappear off peoples collections. Only affecting Germany and Austria right now, but, dangerous precedent nonetheless.

PlayStation Store removes purchased movies from libraries after service shutdown - The Verge

Good to hear ND is starting to address the issues with their crunch culture. Looking forward to release.

Around the Network

Well, just compiled a list of all my platinum trophies and ranked them into 5 different categories. Like Tiermaker. Rank 5 is the stuff that requires great skill and/or time. Rank 4 is the stuff that requires time and effort, not the sort of stuff you can just casually get (maybe you need to play the game multiple times or what-have-you), Rank 3 is the stuff you can play casually and clean up after. Rank 2 is the platinum trophies that are basically guaranteed just for getting to the end of a game but might require a bit of cleanup or side questing. While the Rank-1 stuff is....you basically get the platinum for turning the game on. Y'all are familiar with My Name is Mayo (probably the longest and most time consuming game in that segment.)

What's everyone else's list? anyone else got the platinum trophies that are immensely difficult or demanding?

5: Very Hard and/or Time Consumng

Cuphead
Red Dead Redemption II
Rock Band 4

4: Challenging and/or time Consuming

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Bloodborne
Borderlands
Dark Souls Remastered
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Dark Souls III
Dead Space
Demon's Souls
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Elden Ring PS5
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS5
Far Cry 4
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XV
Ghost of Tsushima PS5
God of War 2018
Gravity Rush PSV
inFamous First Light
Mega Man X Legacy Collection
Rayman Origins
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Yooka-Laylee
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

3: Neutral and/or Time Consuming

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Final Fantasy VII PS4
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PSV
Kaze and the Wild Masks
New Super Lucky's Tale
Overcooked! All You Can Eat
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale PSV
Ratchet & Clank HD
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando HD
Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal HD
Ratchet & Clank 2016
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Sly Cooper HD
Spider-Man Remastered
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

2: Easy and/or Automatic upon completion

Astro's Playroom
A Way Out
It Takes Two
Resistance: Burning Skies
Sound Shapes PS3
Sound Shapes PSV
Tales from the Borderlands
The Walking Dead PS3
The Walking Dead PS4
Undertale

1: No effort and/or quick

Black Wolf PS4
Black Wolf PS5
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King
Foxyland PS4
Foxyland PSV
Foxyland 2 PS4
Foxyland 2 PSV
The Jumping Burger PS4
The Jumping Burger PS5
The Jumping Fries PS4
The jumping Fries PS5
Metagal PS4
Metagal PSV
Micetopia
My Name is Mayo
My Name is Mayo 2
My Name is Mayo 3

Last edited by Runa216 - on 11 July 2022

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Attention Prime members looking to expand their PS5 storage:

The SN850 and 980 Pro NVMe drives are currently on sale around the lowest they've ever been. 2TB can be had for under $200. I'm fine with my onboard storage, but it's a good opportunity for anyone in the market. Get it while it lasts.

EDIT: The SN850 is also available for a little more at NewEgg if you're not a Prime member:
https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-2tb-black/p/N82E16820250182

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 12 July 2022

What's the consensus on FFVII Remake Intergrade? I got it on Steam initially when it was on sale at launch but the PC version of the game is still crap lol. I saw the PS5 version is $30 on Amazon and I'm thinking of picking it up. I never played the original FFVII, so there's no nostalgia for me. I've heard positive to mixed things about the combat being a hybrid style and I've heard a lot of negative things about the side quests being there for filler content.

So I'd like others opinions on the game since I prefer physical copies of my console games and wouldn't be able to refund so easily lol.

gtotheunit91 said:

What's the consensus on FFVII Remake Intergrade? I got it on Steam initially when it was on sale at launch but the PC version of the game is still crap lol. I saw the PS5 version is $30 on Amazon and I'm thinking of picking it up. I never played the original FFVII, so there's no nostalgia for me. I've heard positive to mixed things about the combat being a hybrid style and I've heard a lot of negative things about the side quests being there for filler content.

So I'd like others opinions on the game since I prefer physical copies of my console games and wouldn't be able to refund so easily lol.

As someone who only played a few hours of FFVII back in the day and has little attachment to the franchise as a whole I very much enjoyed the remake. The controls take some getting used to but once you do it's a great balance of turn based and real time ARPG. The gameplay and visuals were my favorite parts, even if the story could be very uneven. I haven't played the PS5 version or the dlc but intend to before the sequel comes out.

TallSilhouette said:
gtotheunit91 said:

As someone who only played a few hours of FFVII back in the day and has little attachment to the franchise as a whole I very much enjoyed the remake. The controls take some getting used to but once you do it's a great balance of turn based and real time ARPG. The gameplay and visuals were my favorite parts, even if the story could be very uneven. I haven't played the PS5 version or the dlc but intend to before the sequel comes out.

That's really good to know! The combat was probably my biggest fear with it being a hybrid that it was going to feel "off." Thanks!