By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | Ragnarök

Tagged games:

New nation thread? Cool.



Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

So me and @Aura7541 are thinking about streamlining the "Upcoming Games" posts and would like some input from you guys;

The idea is to remove the trailers themselves, but have the title of a game be a link to the trailer, that way it should load faster for everyone, and you won't be scrolling forever to actually get to the comments (I was on mobile yesterday and it was quite a bit of scrolling needed, lol)

How would you feel about that? Or if you have any other ideas, we'd love to hear those too!

I have no problems with how it is currently, but that sounds reasonable. Won't look as flashy though.



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

I have no problems with how it is currently, but that sounds reasonable. Won't look as flashy though.

Bris and I decided to keep the current format. However, you may notice that it takes less scrolling to navigate the first page.

The forum, by default, sets the dimensions to 425x350. However, that's a 4:3 ratio, so the trailers end up not using all of that height, which wastes space. We changed each one to 480x270, which saved 1920px in height.



Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Is next GOTY Edition ?

For the next thread, I vote for Playstation Nation 2: Super TURBO Championship Edition.  



Bristow9091 said:

So me and @Aura7541 are thinking about streamlining the "Upcoming Games" posts and would like some input from you guys;

The idea is to remove the trailers themselves, but have the title of a game be a link to the trailer, that way it should load faster for everyone, and you won't be scrolling forever to actually get to the comments (I was on mobile yesterday and it was quite a bit of scrolling needed, lol)

How would you feel about that? Or if you have any other ideas, we'd love to hear those too!

Sounds good to me.  



Around the Network

PlayStation Nation: Cross-posting enabled.



Bristow9091 said:

For now we've come up with something we're happy with, basically shaving 80px of height from the videos as we embed them, since they always embed in a 4:3 ratio despite being 16:9, which is odd... it definitely cuts down the scrolling needed so that's a big plus, however, it still doesn't solve any loading problems, the page will still load as slow as normal. We'll keep it as is for now, but we've already got a few other ideas we could potentially use, such as the original proposed, which admittedly doesn't look as flashy, but meh. 

I don't have loading issues myself, except for the very rare occasion that I find myself in a bad mobile service area.  I definitely prefer less scrolling though.  So, I'm glad to see you all addressed that.  



I have a quick question. Why do we keep rebooting these things? Is there a limit to how many posts one thread can get or something?



thismeintiel said:
I have a quick question. Why do we keep rebooting these things? Is there a limit to how many posts one thread can get or something?

It's because the thread keeps getting manned by a different person. The previous person who was in charge of the PS Nation thread, well... let's say he imploded and wanted out. Now, Bristow and I are in charge which should help since there are now two people who are maintaining the thread.



Bristow9091 said:
thismeintiel said:
I have a quick question. Why do we keep rebooting these things? Is there a limit to how many posts one thread can get or something?

No, not at all. It's just when one person makes the thread, then doesn't wish to work on it anymore, it has to move to a new owner to carry it on, which is done with a new thread. 

 

Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:
I have a quick question. Why do we keep rebooting these things? Is there a limit to how many posts one thread can get or something?

It's because the thread keeps getting manned by a different person. The previous person who was in charge of the PS Nation thread, well... let's say he imploded and wanted out. Now, Bristow and I are in charge which should help since there are now two people who are maintaining the thread.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the quick replies.