By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Historically, PlayStation never had a mascot, but now I feel Kratos has cemented himself as the face of the PlayStation brand.

Around the Network

As massive as the God of War is, I still think The Last of Us will be the most pivotal franchise for Sony going forward, considering it could see major success in a variety of mediums: single player, television, multiplayer/live service.

God of War could be a popular adaptation in television/movies, but I can't imagine a multiplayer spin off would come close to the potential of a high quality, live service, TLOU game, when it comes to MTX/MAU/revenue. 

PotentHerbs said:

Historically, PlayStation never had a mascot, but now I feel Kratos has cemented himself as the face of the PlayStation brand.

Crash, Sackboy, Nathan, and Astro Bot have all kinda headlined the brand at some point. I guess you could say right now that it's Kratos and Spidey, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another push for Astro whenever we get another game from Asobi.

This is a late post, but I think the update to China Hero Project is just fantastic is all ways.

I feared that the project may actually scale back due to how little info was coming from it (due to Covid these last few years) so hearing that it's expanding with bigger budget titles is reassuring. The fact that PS Studios are going to be involved with all projects is going to be such a boon to the devs that applied and got accepted into the project: it's going to give them such invaluable experience while also allowing PS Studios employees to continue work while off a project (I assume this is what is happening). Also, Sony actually using this as an opportunity to publish some of the titles is great for PS users, great for the devs, and great for Sony building relations.

I really look forward to seeing the next wave of China Hero Project. While I don't think any of these games are ever going to be PS Studios esque quality, I think they help fill the void that XDev Asia is trying to fill with Japan Studios no longer being around.

Exciting news all-round!

PotentHerbs said:

I think only Kratos the only one from PS1 and PS2 era that survived from being sold or kept in dormant state.

Around the Network

Finally beat God of War Ragnarok in just over 34H and I'm absolutely blown away.

Astounding combat, jaw dropping visuals, blockbuster narrative that gradually builds up to an epic finale, standout cast of characters, great level design, engaging side quests that feel like an extension of the main story, a variety of enemies and boss types, everything Ragnarok does pushes the boundary of single player experiences. It has the content of an open world game without all the filler. I think a platinum run would take me an additional 10 - 20H to achieve. This is what it's all about gaming on PlayStation. 

10/10.

I'm glad I wasn't spoiled on anything. Some of these reveals absolutely floored me when I experienced them lol!

I expect I'm about 60% in myself and thoroughly enjoying it. Youtube recommendations have spoiled some minor stuff but nothing major yet. Hope it stays that way.

PotentHerbs said:

I'm glad I wasn't spoiled on anything. Some of these reveals absolutely floored me when I experienced them lol!

Glad noone here spoiled GOW for you ^^

PotentHerbs said:

Finally beat God of War Ragnarok in just over 34H and I'm absolutely blown away.

Astounding combat, jaw dropping visuals, blockbuster narrative that gradually builds up to an epic finale, standout cast of characters, great level design, engaging side quests that feel like an extension of the main story, a variety of enemies and boss types, everything Ragnarok does pushes the boundary of single player experiences. It has the content of an open world game without all the filler. I think a platinum run would take me an additional 10 - 20H to achieve. This is what it's all about gaming on PlayStation. 

10/10.

I'm about 65h of game and still think there is additional 1/3 of the story but few side content still missing (two of them I know I will only be able to do post-game), but that is because I die a lot =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."