By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

TallSilhouette said:

Yeah, I'll be picking up a second controller, charging dock, and a few games during this holiday sale.

If I had a PS5, I would have gotten Ratchet and Clank for sure this year.

Hopefully the prices will be lower next year when I get my future PS5.

This year, not buying too much on software at least physically.

I dont have much to buy on PS4 since I have almost every game I want to get on it. Been focusing on my Switch and Xbox collections (and PC games too) digitally.

I bought a few other things like Monitors from the Best Buy black friday sales.

I was tempted to buy a 85'' TV this year but I'll get that next year when I buy my PS5.

Around the Network

Just beat God Of War Ragnarok. Really great game. Took me about 40 hours. Didnt do all the side quests, but Im content. Think it will be a big contender for GOTY.

I now have PS5 games lol

(Thanks to buying Sackboy A Big Adventure on PS4 - it came with the Digital PS5 ver lol).

(Also have the PS5 ver of Uncharted 4 and Legacy - still had some funds left on my PSN Wallet, so used it on the $10 upgrade).

Dont own a PS5 yet, but I will pick up games for it when I see them cheap. So far I have Demons Souls, Returnal and Sackboy: A Big Adventure.

KLXVER said:

Dont own a PS5 yet, but I will pick up games for it when I see them cheap. So far I have Demons Souls, Returnal and Sackboy: A Big Adventure.

Planning to get my PS5 next year close to the holidays (there's also a rumor that we might get a Slim upgrade in the Summer)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
KLXVER said:

Planning to get my PS5 next year close to the holidays (there's also a rumor that we might get a Slim upgrade in the Summer)

That would be great. Not a big fan of the current model.

KLXVER said:

That would be great. Not a big fan of the current model.

Same

But its still a rumor, hopefully its true

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/yok27z/ps5_slim_to_be_released_q3_2023/

Sony is going all out in China and I'm here for it. Word has it that their deal with Genshin Impact (which was initially thought by some to be a cheap BotW knock-off that no one took seriously) is influencing Microsoft to also invest in Chinese projects which is awesome. They're also publishing Stellar Blade from Korea.

If only Sony gives small/mid sized Japanese teams as much attention and help expand them... but I guess those teams generally don't have the ambition to develop console games in the first place, and are more interested in the mobile phone market. Sony's own Lasengle (Fate Grand Order developers) is very much mobile only, how cool would it be if Sony were to make a Fate game with a similar scale to Genshin Impact and higher production values and graphical fidelity?

BasilZero said:

Tempted to get the Dual Sense controller since its $50 now.

But I really dont need it right now lol.

Edit: Oh well, I bought the Galactic Purple one.

My Red Dualshock 4 I was using for my PC gaming will now be for my PS4 (and PS3 via MagicNS) while I will use this Dualsense for my PC gaming.

I was going to pick up one too for the Sony games on PC that use its full features and for emulation that can use its motion control such as 3ds WiiU and switch.

Kyuu said:

Sony is going all out in China and I'm here for it. Word has it that their deal with Genshin Impact (which was initially thought by some to be a cheap BotW knock-off that no one took seriously) is influencing Microsoft to also invest in Chinese projects which is awesome. They're also publishing Stellar Blade from Korea.

If only Sony gives small/mid sized Japanese teams as much attention and help expand them... but I guess those teams generally don't have the ambition to develop console games in the first place, and are more interested in the mobile phone market. Sony's own Lasengle (Fate Grand Order developers) is very much mobile only, how cool would it be if Sony were to make a Fate game with a similar scale to Genshin Impact and higher production values and graphical fidelity?

I know my friend would be head over heels for a high production version of Fate.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."