By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

the-pi-guy said:

Bought a few games in the sale:

Death Stranding

Ghost of Tsushima

Returnal 

$30 for Returnal and $20 for GoT was hard to pass up.

I ended up buying Ratchet, Miles Morales, and Cyberpunk 2077 from the sale. Hopefully I don't regret passing on Returnal for Cyberpunk lol. 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
the-pi-guy said:

Death Stranding

Ghost of Tsushima

Returnal 

I ended up buying Ratchet, Miles Morales, and Cyberpunk 2077 from the sale. Hopefully I don't regret passing on Returnal for Cyberpunk lol. 

Unless you're really into Roguelike's, I'd say it was a good decision lol.

CP2077 is a REALLY good game! Yes, it does fall short on the RPG hype CD Projekt touted, but it's a fantastic game! Took me about 100 hours to do a 100% run. The main story and side character storylines are phenomenal, with some fantastic side quests. The Sinnerman side quest will mess you UP! If you make the correct choices to continue the quest of course lol.

But what's most fun is the different type of cyberwear builds you can do with the combinations from your skill tree to experience some truly sick combat! Mantis Blades with a thermal mod is my personal favorite. I didn't use guns anymore after discovering that cyberwear lol.

The open world, while very pretty to look at, is very GTA. You can jack cars, change radio stations, get more stars from the police if you do more criminal destruction, and once you lose the cops, you're fine. The open world isn't very reactive to the choices you make outside of the GTA-style cop system. The open world is also very limited because nearly all buildings you can't even access lol. But in patch 1.7, no date yet, CD Projekt has said they're going to do a complete overhaul to the police system. So we'll see how that turns out. 

But I still highly recommend the game. CD Projekt still puts out major updates and new content to the game and in 2023, a full expansion! They even added some clothes and weapons from the Netflix anime if you watched it. 

This is very odd. I knew Miles Morales wasn't going to reach the peak number of players than Spider-Man Remastered at 66,000 but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be this low. Player numbers have already peaked for today on Steam it seems. There will definitely be more tonight on a Friday evening and even more over the weekend, but at this point, I'm honestly not expecting for it to reach the mid 20,000's maybe. 

I wouldn't be surprised that the launch of a new Warhammer 40,000 and especially CoD Warzone 2.0 is affecting player numbers for Miles Morales. 

gtotheunit91 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Unless you're really into Roguelike's, I'd say it was a good decision lol.

CP2077 is a REALLY good game! Yes, it does fall short on the RPG hype CD Projekt touted, but it's a fantastic game! Took me about 100 hours to do a 100% run. The main story and side character storylines are phenomenal, with some fantastic side quests. The Sinnerman side quest will mess you UP! If you make the correct choices to continue the quest of course lol.

But what's most fun is the different type of cyberwear builds you can do with the combinations from your skill tree to experience some truly sick combat! Mantis Blades with a thermal mod is my personal favorite. I didn't use guns anymore after discovering that cyberwear lol.

The open world, while very pretty to look at, is very GTA. You can jack cars, change radio stations, get more stars from the police if you do more criminal destruction, and once you lose the cops, you're fine. The open world isn't very reactive to the choices you make outside of the GTA-style cop system. The open world is also very limited because nearly all buildings you can't even access lol. But in patch 1.7, no date yet, CD Projekt has said they're going to do a complete overhaul to the police system. So we'll see how that turns out. 

But I still highly recommend the game. CD Projekt still puts out major updates and new content to the game and in 2023, a full expansion! They even added some clothes and weapons from the Netflix anime if you watched it. 

I didn't like CP2077 as much as I wanted, some had to do with the issues that were still there after 3-6months of patches, but since I paid like 10USD for it (it was dirt cheap at some retailers after the backlash and returns) I can't complain at most I'll say that now it is much more expensive. And regarding roguelike, yes if someone doesn't really like it CP2077 even at the time I bought would be a more sensible choice.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PotentHerbs said:
the-pi-guy said:

Death Stranding

Ghost of Tsushima

Returnal 

I'll buy Spiderman for PS5 Physical, and Ratchet and Clank rift apart Physical on black Friday. These are my type of games Also Hoping for a Ghost of Tsushima Phical on Blkack friday Sony fam knows I love certain Sony games 

Around the Network

I should stop calling certain fanbases fam today I used to say it in Sega Discord i have. Captain explosion fam that felt good.

God of War ragnorok saw gameplay on youtube I like it alot I still think it should of been 96 metacritic, And hoping next spiderman scores 90+

Also House Marquee that created Nex Machina that reviewed 88 on Metacritic should make and combine Returnal + Nex Machina + more added elements etc like killzone 1 improved in killzone 2 second game score 90 on Metacritic.

Tempted to get the Dual Sense controller since its $50 now.

But I really dont need it right now lol.

Edit: Oh well, I bought the Galactic Purple one.

My Red Dualshock 4 I was using for my PC gaming will now be for my PS4 (and PS3 via MagicNS) while I will use this Dualsense for my PC gaming.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 19 November 2022

Yeah, I'll be picking up a second controller, charging dock, and a few games during this holiday sale.